TheBaldOne66

Wagner is deluded!

35 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Did the Farke era ruin Norwich permanently by providing something that created the illusion of being something like the top level of the Premier League when facing championship-level competition?

Now that is the question.

19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Seeing the highlights it was a difficult chance as the bounce of the ball from Sargent's header is a bit unkind on Tzolis.

Sargent should maybe on reflection cushioned a header to Kamara who was totally unmarked.

It's all part of the lack of quality from our attacking players.

Disagree.

He should’ve overhead kicked the **** out of it top bins like Haaland. Keeper would’ve had no chance. Clearly not a footballer…..

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think top-level football is a product to an extent, yes, but at it's core it remains an authentic competitive sport where two sets of players play a game according to a set of rules

Yes, true. It is sport and yes, the gulf between Championship and PL is big. Forest are struggling and spent a good part of £200m, so I understand. Wages will compound that too. Would I actually feel much love for a bought for club like Man City? It would be novel if ever us, but something of the soul has left too for me when I see them. I admire the technical skill, strength and speed of the players (presumably all costing over £20m each and with high wages too) but it's also a hollow feeling. It's money talking. And in the perpetual media rounds it literally is money talking.

It's an interesting question about Farke you've raised. I felt upon the first promotion we were due a comfortable mid table finish. I was so wrong. The differences in power and strength were all too apparent.

I do enjoy seeing a smaller team (stature wise) ...say Brighton or Fulham beat teams - not that I like either particularly, but because the narrative of much money versus a little money is challenged. Albeit briefly.  Fair play to Brentford too. It shows something is possible. Yet, don't we all know it's temporary? Something that isn't true for Arsenal, the Manchester's etc. I wish they would just create their own league. I suppose I'm someone who likes resources to be spread as evenly as possible (back to politics) and therefore elitist sport is just not very interesting to me. Buy the best and excel....Well, so what...that's my take. Far better watching say an athlete win a run having trained like hell for 4 years. That is an emotional thing to watch (and I'm not especially a fan of athletics - just an example). 

It's all about perspective. As a club we probably are in the top 25 in the country. We DO get to see a Buendia from time to time. We have been able to 'pull our weight'. Since my son was born we've had a wonderful 20+ years in my view. I suppose what I'm really saying is that not too much irks me about player performances nor makes me want to post my anger. I often would start with different teams than Wagner does but I'm just a supporter. I did intensely like Roeder (RIP) and was happy he went. He wasn't a fit for me. Just want to see more continuity and for Wagner to have a decent few years. We can't win every time. And I don't see a lack of effort from any team player, even in this disappointing season (so far).

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Fulham failed a few years back to retain their EPL status after spending £100m+. This season Florist also look like failing after spending £300m+. However Brentford and a few others seemed to be able to survive by retaining the bulk of their squad with just a couple of judicious additions. Fulham have tried it this way too and also seem to be flourishing. Whereas I think Wolves tried it the other way (or were their additions cut-price because of Mendez?). And we splashed more money than was healthy and missed by a mile.

Anyway, maybe it isn't down to how much money is splashed, but the quality of the team behind the squad recruitment. We've tried it twice with the same bloke in charge, can we risk trying it a third time? Third times lucky they do say, we've never been that lucky in the EPL.