Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Wagner appeals again!

12 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Totally agree with everything you have said Dave and we can only hope that the wet miserable weather that i woke up to this morning which apparently is going to persist all day will keep the moaning minnies who sit in silence and hate the drum will stay away.

Thought his name was Rodney!  🤣

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

True, although I noticed a growing frustration of how slow we were at getting the ball foward.

Had Tzolis not missed rhat gilt edge chance at the end we would have gone home relieved and happy. Except we are behind Preston North's fcuking End.

The frustrations about getting the ball forward, neatly summed up when Gunn hoofing the ball forward was greeted with the loudest cheer of the game, makes no sense to me.

It seems that the patience of the Farke era has completely disappeared. It's fair to criticise the team for our inability to play through sides, it's been a clear weakness this season which comes down to coaching but I don't think it's for a lack of trying on the players end. All the groans do is make the players attempt passes that aren't on. 

I think if you asked a lot of the players privately they would all say that Carrow Road has not been a nice place to play at for the last few years. Coming out of the pandemic I think there was an expectation and arrogance among the fanbase that it would be easy. Unfortunately football isn't a game where things come easy. I understand the point that the players have to produce on the pitch but I think in games like today (and many others over the past 2 years) where it's tight then the fans could give the players a little push themselves. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, repman said:

The frustrations about getting the ball forward, neatly summed up when Gunn hoofing the ball forward was greeted with the loudest cheer of the game, makes no sense to me.

It seems that the patience of the Farke era has completely disappeared. It's fair to criticise the team for our inability to play through sides, it's been a clear weakness this season which comes down to coaching but I don't think it's for a lack of trying on the players end. All the groans do is make the players attempt passes that aren't on. 

I think if you asked a lot of the players privately they would all say that Carrow Road has not been a nice place to play at for the last few years. Coming out of the pandemic I think there was an expectation and arrogance among the fanbase that it would be easy. Unfortunately football isn't a game where things come easy. I understand the point that the players have to produce on the pitch but I think in games like today (and many others over the past 2 years) where it's tight then the fans could give the players a little push themselves. 

Your lack of understanding would be valid if you assumed the crowd want us to play like that all the time. I think the crowds frustration today was about the fact that time was running out, it was important for us to get a win and the last thing they wanted to see was us playing backwards and sideways as time ebbed away. Personally I think your attack on the home fans is totally unwarranted..........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Didn't Gunny's kick result in a corner for us within a few seconds?

It resulted in an immediate throw in for us at their end near the corner I thought, followed by a corner to us I think. It is seriously frustrating taking a free kick on the half way line and it eventually going back to our keeper for a pressured lob forward, when a set piece ball into the box could have been an option from that free kick, especially when requiring a goal.

However, the booing at the end was unwarranted in my opinion and it often seems those booing the loudest are the quietest when support is needed during the game. 

Strange days

• Like 2