Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Hugill to Reading?

9 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

the problem is we have a lot of players out of contract and 250k here and there is not going to get us replacements ,

so sad we have really got to the stage where we are looking for free transfers and cheap players again 

I don't think that's the case. After all, we have been here before, last January, when we were told we'd spent all the money, there wasn't anymore and we wouldn't be signing anyone in Jan.

Ignoring Nunez due to sale of Lees-Melou, we still spent £6m on Sara in the summer.

As others have said, if we don't go up, I suspect we'll see players sold to make way for a refresh. Aarons would be the obvious one, but there are others too. We might get a fee from Middlesbrough for Gibson, for example, not what we paid for him, but if we need the funds to put back in. Rashica is another likely considering he's not coming back this season now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Reading offer him a contract then it's a very good outcome for Jordan. He is a decent pro and has a good attitude. I don't see his move here the disaster that some make out.

Good luck to him.

I both agree an disagree. Nothing personal against him and good luck to him for the future, but he certainly is a disaster transfer, 2.5m (upfront, ignoring anything else) for 4 league goals? For a striker? That's a disaster. He was signed for a "Plan B", which I agree with the principle, the problem is, he's just an awful footballer. Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure who we could have got that would sign knowing they were 2nd to Pukki but it was pretty clear he was rubbish before we signed him and yet we still wasted a significant sum on him. Disaster. 

I am still shocked how - as a professional athlete - he is blowing out of his @rse within 5 minutes of being on the pitch.

Sell for any money what-so-ever.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I both agree an disagree. Nothing personal against him and good luck to him for the future, but he certainly is a disaster transfer, 2.5m (upfront, ignoring anything else) for 4 league goals? For a striker? That's a disaster. He was signed for a "Plan B", which I agree with the principle, the problem is, he's just an awful footballer. Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure who we could have got that would sign knowing they were 2nd to Pukki but it was pretty clear he was rubbish before we signed him and yet we still wasted a significant sum on him. Disaster. 

I am still shocked how - as a professional athlete - he is blowing out of his @rse within 5 minutes of being on the pitch.

Sell for any money what-so-ever.

Fee and wages combined must add up to £7/8m, absolute bargain. 

3 hours ago, chicken said:

Rashica is another likely considering he's not coming back this season now. 

I was thinking Rashica is nailed on to go start of the January window.

Yet Radio Norfolk and The Pinkun today both talking about how it's clear Webber/Wagner still have Rashica in contention for next season, and Galatasaray are the ones pushing hard trying to tempt us to sell.

I'm a little confused on it all really, I don't know where the clubs mind is, where his mind is.. Whether he's at Galatasary because he doesn't want to play EFL, didn't like Smith's system, or there was a wage cut in his deal that he's not happy with.

It's so frustrating being that he and Tzolis are two of our most expensive signings, we're lacking creative (and wide) players and they're both miles away!