Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

So, what did we learn today?

It was a awful performance 1st half bereft of energy or enthusiasm. Apart from Onel nobody seemed to be sprinting for the ball, just ambling about the pitch. Our midfield is woefully disjointed and thankfully Stoke were just as sh!t in that department. It wasn't until Gibson cleared out a few players with a header and Cantwell tracked back to win the ball that the crowd really got fired up.

I don't think Hayden is the answer ( not mobile enough) nor playing Nacho in the QB role (needs to be in the 10) Gibbs is decent in the CDM role just needs a more mobile playing partner...in short too many square pegs in round holes. It doesn't take a genius to see this!

36 minutes ago, corbs said:

Either we are the new Stoke/Blades or referees have gone card happy. 

The ref was shocking yesterday....how he didn't give the Byram pull back from a corner or to be fair the Stoke pen is a mystery.

Gibbs and Hayden is what I've been calling for, they're the best pair in CM we have. Nunez is repeatedly not strong or disciplined enough to be a proper CM as shown in the buildup for their goal.

Gibbs Hayden

Nunez Sara Cantwell

Striker

I've been saying this a lot recently. Sara is still a bit of an enigma but one thing he has done consistently is attack the box with decent late runs. He could arguably have 5-6 goals already. Nunez isn't a strong defender and Cantwell has shown he really wants to perform (reasons for which notwithstanding). I've said 'striker' as I feel we could even play Hugill so long as the midfield is right.