Monty13

Maybe we haven’t quite got the recruitment right?

21 minutes ago, chicken said:

I know you didn't ask me but... if being brutally honest the only two players on that list who you know what will give you every time they are out there are McLean and Hayden. One of whom is consistent the other isn't yet 90mins fit but has shown us consistency until he runs out of gas.

Nunez is probably not far behind, but is inconsistent, as you'd expect of a 22yr old in their first season in Europe. Gibbs too to be fair. 

If you were going to say the player that has given us the best ceiling, as in, when they are on form, who is the best talent? Cantwell. I don't think any of the others come close to him when he is really on it. Not creatively, not for tracking up and down.

What's more worrying is that of those players listed, we could face the prospect of losing 6 out of 9 come the summer. That leaves us hoping that Sara, Nunez and Gibbs have what it takes. 

Can’t disagree with much of that. On the Cantwell point the worrying thing he’s looked decent but it’s 0 goals or assists so far.

I agree the best midfield three is probably Hayden, McClean and one other.

That makes what we’ve gone out and got this summer more than a little odd to me.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Can’t disagree with much of that. On the Cantwell point the worrying thing he’s looked decent but it’s 0 goals or assists so far.

I agree the best midfield three is probably Hayden, McClean and one other.

That makes what we’ve gone out and got this summer more than a little odd to me.

I would add that at the moment the best midfield is Hayden, McClean and one other - Gibbs or Nunez, IMHO. Or perhaps an on form Cantwell.

Nunez and Sara certainly have the potential, and Sorensen may yet show us he does. But the issue we have is right now - perhaps Sara and Nunez will start to be more consistent and effective post WC?

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

I would add that at the moment the best midfield is Hayden, McClean and one other - Gibbs or Nunez, IMHO. Or perhaps an on form Cantwell.

Nunez and Sara certainly have the potential, and Sorensen may yet show us he does. But the issue we have is right now - perhaps Sara and Nunez will start to be more consistent and effective post WC?

I think the issue that arises is if you have no Hayden or McClean or both how weak we look, there’s no depth to the experience.

It’s possible, it’s a long break giving them more time to acclimatise, issue for me is l’d still not want to play both in the central 3, nothing to do with potential ability or effort it’s just the balance of that 3 with those two young guys learning both in.