Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Streaming debate - Ryan Reynolds / Wrexham

Just stumbled across this one. Some interesting views / replies there. 

I think there is a general agreement that things should be standardised, in what ever fashion. 

Appreciate this a lower league than us, but they probably need to maximize revenue streams more than most. 

This is my (now) neck of the woods. Wrexham sell out, and people struggle to get tickets. They are easily the best supported club in that division with regular gates of just under 10K, and so I can see there being a market for a streaming service, especially considering all the new american "fans" thanks to the Hollywood takeover.

But if you look in the same division you have Boreham Wood, average gate 1165 (just checked) and they need fans at the pitch, not at home on the telly as they need to maximise their retail sales. I'm just not sure that a streaming service would be beneficial to them as there would no doubt be some cost to administer and maintain. 

Premier league clubs and bigger clubs would will have a global fan base where as lower league clubs do not unless something remarkable happens to them as it has to Wrexham. 

I think someone has covered that potential issue when someone made a similar point, saying that as long as the stream revenue was equality divided it would even out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

the stream revenue was equality divided it would even out. 

That would be the best sporting solution but I doubt the big clubs in whatever league would go for it. 

I suspect we're not far away from clubs selling their own rights, at which point the gap between the superclubs and the rest will get even bigger, if such a thing can be imagined.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

That would be the best sporting solution but I doubt the big clubs in whatever league would go for it. 

I suspect we're not far away from clubs selling their own rights, at which point the gap between the superclubs and the rest will get even bigger, if such a thing can be imagined.

It definitely should be owned by League/organisation not individual clubs, however they need to enter the 21st century and also understand live sport and sport on TV are different products

• Like 1