Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

Moral dimemma - Standing at games in sitting areas

So, this is exactly what happened on Saturday at Hull. It's meant as a serious question.

Me and my mate had to stand because four blokes in front of us were standing - it was right next to where the bloke tried to steal the practice ball that Tim Krul kicked into the crowd just before kick-off, if that helps to explain the position. The group of them were in their 50's and seemingly well tanked up.

We didn't mind standing  but right behind us was a little girl of about 9 whose view of her team was blocked. She must have only had glimpes of the game. And next to her was a much older woman who had to use a walking stick.She too must have had a very poor view.

We didn't do anything. We just accepted it. The question is, what should we have done?

PS Did anyone notice the guy who I think just must have been Teemu's brother, wearing a green club shirt? So similar in appearance.

The only solution to this problem is an organised and mass request for refunds. You wouldn't tolerate it in a cinema, why put up with it in a football ground? 

4 minutes ago, Pugin said:

So, this is exactly what happened on Saturday at Hull. It's meant as a serious question.

Me and my mate had to stand because four blokes in front of us were standing - it was right next to where the bloke tried to steal the practice ball that Tim Krul kicked into the crowd just before kick-off, if that helps to explain the position. The group of them were in their 50's and seemingly well tanked up.

We didn't mind standing  but right behind us was a little girl of about 9 whose view of her team was blocked. She must have only had glimpes of the game. And next to her was a much older woman who had to use a walking stick.She too must have had a very poor view.

We didn't do anything. We just accepted it. The question is, what should we have done?

PS Did anyone notice the guy who I think just must have been Teemu's brother, wearing a green club shirt? So similar in appearance.

rightly or wrong all away fans stand at away games (apart from @essex canary) it is a tough one. Not sure the Stewards would do any effective. 

Im afraid its an accepted part of going to an away game. 

in the old standing days they used to let kids go to the front to watch. Different times in so many ways.  

Edited by Greavsy

30 minutes ago, Pugin said:

You should have done what we did, meant to be in row g but when we got in there at 2:15pm ,  sitting in those seats was baking hot, so asked a nice steward  nearby if we could move in what was an empty block which was in the shade. It was to the left of all our fans as you're looking at the pitch. Was only about 12 of us but slowly about another 30 odd moved over but we were all sitting down, great view. Seems the block was left empty for us as we didn't sell all our tickets.

Edited by Diane
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Diane said:

You should have done what we did, meant to be in row g but when we got in there at 2:15pm ,  sitting in those seats was baking hot, so asked a nice steward  nearby if we could move in what was an empty block which was in the shade. It was to the left of all our fans as you're looking at the pitch. Was only about 12 of us but slowly about another 30 odd moved over but we were all sitting down, great view. Seems the block was left empty for us as we didn't sell all our tickets.

Nice to see some common sense being applied, and glad you got sorted Diane. 

Shame your presence couldnt charm a win from the team.