Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

PLM fee

We've all moaned over the years that City have undersold players but I think a fee rising to £3.5m for PLM is very good business. Especially if the young Chilean replacement is a success. 

I'm not sure we do undersell our players, at least over the 20 years I've been watching. Maddison is the standout counter to that but the mitigating factors around that deal were pretty huge.

Cutting our losses on PLM is fine but I'm sure that one will go down as a cheap gamble that didn't pay off, not good business. 

12 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm not sure we do undersell our players, at least over the 20 years I've been watching. Maddison is the standout counter to that but the mitigating factors around that deal were pretty huge.

Cutting our losses on PLM is fine but I'm sure that one will go down as a cheap gamble that didn't pay off, not good business. 

At the time I thought Maddison was a fair price. One thing nobody can criticise Webber for is that he sells pretty close to top dollar and that hasn't always been the case in the past.

I think Webber has always done very well at getting us good value for our exports. The Murphy's, Lewis and Godfrey have all been oversold really in that none of them have progressed much since leaving us to increase their value. Maddison was fair at the time, Buendia perhaps undersold purely because of the cost it would take us to find another player of his importance and calibre but in terms of asset value that was also probably a fair price, and enabled us to (unsuccessfully) strengthen the entire squad immediately with a large chunk of the fee upfront.