rock bus

Where is Tzolis?

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Tzolis - with his confidence up - offers all those things you say he lacks - and that is the key to creative players like him. Confidence - and if he has lost that, then when that returns, he will look a million times more of a player.

Yes hopefully. I've only ever seen him play for us and then back in Greece and only highlights. From what I've seen with us there's a level of natural talent but literally nothing else. Hopefully he proves me wrong as a standout championship season makes his value significantly more than we paid.

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

Sargent hasn't offered much but its Still 10x more than Tzolis. He doesn't get on the pitch because he offers no defensive work rate, no attacking flair, doesn't beat a fullback, has a poor first touch and gets easily shoved off the ball.

Currently bemused, you’ve just listed everything Sargent doesn’t do!    Platcheta and Sargent have been awful, what they have shown is a lack of satisfactory ability that probably can’t be coached and they will never play regular at EPL level.    Tzolis hopefully has a bit of  quality that he can be worked with.   If so, time we got to work and put him in the team to develop that.     How anyone could argue he’s been better when he’s been rank bad has a seriously low bar!    What (in football terms) could possibly be 10x worse than Sargent’s contribution?    

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

Let's face it, Placheta, Sargent and Tzolis has all been very disappointing.

Some have had a better opportunity to show that they are not good enough than others but I would not be disappointed if we started next season with none of them, because if we do we will be bemoaning their contribution next season for as long as they are with us.

If I were a cynic I might even question where the total outlay of around £20,000,000 ended up because that amount seems to  grossly exaggerate the worth of the players. 

• Thanks 1

I read the other day that the Greek Super League was immediately below the Championship in the European League rankings so I would expect CT to stand out next season. I wonder though how much his development has been stunted by only being given around 9 hours first team action this season.