Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Mirror image

Just noticed that our PL results this season are a bit like a mirror image. Starting with losses, moving up to a peak when the manager switched and ending in losses -    6 losses, 2 draws, 2 losses, a win - a win, 2 draws, 5 losses

Those two wins, back to back kind of show the best of what we have achieved and even those two wins are kind of a mirror image - 2-1 wins, the first half against Brentford good, the second half against Southampton good. 

So we rose to a challenge, up the mountain to that first win, got the second one and promplty fell down the other side! So we are at square one. Base camp, at the bottom of the mountain again and have it all to do again. For my money, to prevent another five or six losses as we try to climb that mountain again, we need to solidfy the midfield - put two ranks of four defensively minded players in and rely on a couple of pacy players up front to hopefully grab an occasional goal.

I know it looks a bit barmy, but Giannoulis and Aarons are both good going forwards too.  All efforts have to be as they were with Farke after his bad start to the season - to stop leaking goals! 

Krul

Byram Omobamidele Hanley  Williams

Aarons Sorensen Mclean Giannoulis

Rashica

Pukki

We need everyone back and fit again, Smith needs to work out his best team for the job PDQ, add those couple of key signings in the oft touted positions, and then I think we stand half a chance of at least being competitive.

I'm not sure playing 6 defenders and a defensive midfielder who has played more games in defence than anywhere else will solve our truly, truly awful goal scoring problems.

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I'm not sure playing 6 defenders and a defensive midfielder who has played more games in defence than anywhere else will solve our truly, truly awful goal scoring problems.

No, but surely the issue now is the same one that Farke faced - we have to stop letting goals in!  A couple of 0-0's would go down a treat at the moment....something to build from.

26 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No, but surely the issue now is the same one that Farke faced - we have to stop letting goals in!  A couple of 0-0's would go down a treat at the moment....something to build from.

The issue is not having enough players, Normann back in gets us two quality players in center as it allows Billy to work better. 

Then Rashica coming back delivers the electricity needed, he was progressing very well before injury. 

Krul coming back will be a massive lift too.

And that's only 3, add into that having all CBs fit too.

36 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

0-0's will not help us. We need wins. If they must be draws, a few 2-2's will be better as at least it will show we can score, give some confidence to the attackers. 

As a wise man once said, if we don't score, we hardly ever win. And we need wins.

Edited by All the Germans

33 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

0-0's will not help us. We need wins. If they must be draws, a few 2-2's will be better as at least it will show we can score, give some confidence to the attackers. 

As a wise man once said, if we don't score, we hardly ever win. And we need wins.

I’m sorry but right now I’d bite your hand off if you offered me a couple of 0-0’s!!!