Sign in to follow this  
Captain Obvious

Whats with all the doom-mongering??

Fair play for having an opinion. However, I struggle to see where you are actually coming from. I mean, never mind players coming and going, this is a man who had the BEST squad in the division according to all the bookies. How then are we performing 14th best?

If the marketing director of Ford, highest vehicle seller in the UK, had a year in which 13 other retailers were ahead of him 2/3 of the way through would he have a job? He would have lost it after an 1/8 of the year when the people in charge realised he couldn''t do the job required. Something is rotten in the State of Norfolk.

LGT,

I take your point, but I actually think that with the dominant mindset of this board at the moment, there is a tendency for any positive post to be treated with scorn with scant regard for any right to express an independent opinion. I am actually feeling pretty negative myself at the moment but I don''t like to see this ''bullying'' of anyone who thinks differently into agreeing with the ''truth'' that Worthy needs sacking. It might well be true but it is an opinion not a fact. (and BTW, I know ''bullying'' is a very melodramatic term to use - but you know what I mean.)

but to be honest any post starting  "Whats with all the doom-mongering??" deserves any scathing it gets, Even squit/dicky can see we are not in a great situation, he still beleives worthy will turn it round.  The fact is we can''t make the play-offs now (barring a 12 wins in 14 match streak!!). Doom mongering is the order of the day.  When I saw us hoof it up to Erny saturday, i held my head in my hands, we may as well have brought alan lee for 100,000 and saved the 3 million and we would have stood a better chance of winning saturday.  (and that is no critisism of Earny)

"...we''re going through a bit of a transitional period..."

Yes, Stephen, we''re going from ''bad'' to ''worse''.