Sign in to follow this  
markdmhoward

Made it very briefly onto Have I got News for You

This happened earlier this week on holiday 🤣

Posted it on Reddit and it ended up on HIGNFY and Mirror online! 

Holidaying in the Lake District. We were on a cycle trail along a river which goes over a number of bridges. Beautiful day, the scenery is amazing. 

We come to an area where you can go down to the water. Really idyllic. I'm with in-laws and brother in laws family, we have 4 dogs between us. 

My dog (River) heads off downstream, obviously has a scent of something. After a few minutes you can barely see her in the distance. She's not coming to the whistle, so I go and stand on a prominent rock, and start shouting her name. 

For a solid minute and in multiple tones, I loudly bellow "RIVER! RIVERRR! RIVERRR! " 
There are people on the bridge above, there are family's around me having picnics. My family are laughing at me on the bank and I have no idea why. 

It was only after she'd returned finally that they were like "you're just shouting River at the river and none of these people know why"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/crowds-left-bemused-man-shouts-24235454.amp

Edited by markdmhoward
  • Haha 3