Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

The Alba Party

New poll reported in the Sunday Times(Scottish edition) shows better support for Alba, Greens & SNP with predicted supermajority of 29. Also mentions support for George Gallows All for Unity party. Again early days.

On 27/03/2021 at 19:17, TheGunnShow said:

Better voting model than the **** we've got, that's for sure.

yes but easy to exploit by politicians, D'Hondt is not as easy to understand as STV and or AMS. I prefer STV as it is simple enough for people to grapple with. I detest lazy home voting as it is open to fraud, just ask the Conservative party and Sir Keir who is immolating/supporting them left right and right again.

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

New poll reported in the Sunday Times(Scottish edition) shows better support for Alba, Greens & SNP with predicted supermajority of 29. Also mentions support for George Gallows All for Unity party. Again early days.

Galloway should be taking his hat, he is a lying toad and a unionist who will split the Independence vote.

8 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

yes but easy to exploit by politicians, D'Hondt is not as easy to understand as STV and or AMS. I prefer STV as it is simple enough for people to grapple with. I detest lazy home voting as it is open to fraud, just ask the Conservative party and Sir Keir who is immolating/supporting them left right and right again.

I'll take that over the problems we have with gerrymandering and complete lack of proportion with FPTP every day of the week.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'll take that over the problems we have with gerrymandering and complete lack of proportion with FPTP every day of the week.

My point would be that we should get working examples presented for STV, AMS and D' Hondt, the various systems explained by non partisan actors countries with working examples and then, be given the choice for what is on offer, not proffered an ultimatum aka take it or leave it by party politicians who selected the choice for us because it suits their machinating agenda.

Apart from that, myself being a non voter in GE, but politically active in local elections and as an electoral agent and campaigns manager for more than one candidate in the past, would be happy to see any of the three options improve the stale electoral landscape. what is good enough for Scotland, Ireland and NZ should qualify as working examples. The Dutch system is also acceptable, or Germany's AMS system.

Finally a plea for reform, those foreign nationals settled here, who pay taxes here and have their children and grandchildren here, should be given the chance to shape the political landscape they are living in, regardless of whether they have paid various sums and or swore an oath in a becoming a citizen exercise. they are citizens.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

I learned how to properly pronounce Alba for nothing. 

So did all their candidates.🤣

Apples

Edited by Mr Apples
  • Haha 2