Sign in to follow this  
unique

Countdown

Just chanced upon Countdown and discovered Colin Murray in the anchor role!

I know he covers snooker from time to time, but as a Norwich City enthusiast when presenting Quest’s Saturday night coverage of the EFL, I hope he remains Quest’s front man.

What a breath of fresh air he would bring to MOTD if they were brave enough to replace GL.

I believe he has done MOTD previously,  certainly MOTD2. 

I also understand he is covering for Mr Hewer during lockdown, due to Nicks age. 

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I also understand he is covering for Mr Hewer during lockdown, due to Nicks age. 

Just locked on Wiki (so must be true!) it states this re countdown

On 7 November 2020, it was announced that Murray will replace Nick Hewer as host of Countdown as the 2nd pandemic lockdown will preclude Hewer, who is 76, from being able to travel to the set. Murray's first regular episode as presenter was shown Channel 4 on 13 January 2021

Also appears he was MOTD2 presenter before Chappers. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/blog/2013/jan/22/colin-murray-motd2-bbc

Edited by Greavsy

He also has a good show on Radio 5 in the evening, I believe Monday to Wednesday nights, but possibly now all week.  I've had a few exchanges with him on social media over the years and he always comes across as a really decent bloke.

Yep! wasn't considered a big enough star for MOTD, which was a shame because he talked more sense than most of the ex-footballers. Also he was a very popular presenter on TalkSport in the morning but as a Liverpool fan he resigned when Murdoch's company took over the channel. So a man of genuine integrity who put his morals first (very rare in the world of sport).

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Nick Hewer has stepped down from being the host of countdown so I think Colin Murray is his permeant replacement.