6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No!  Supporters do not have a 'right to know' every dot and comma of the individual relationships between the club and all it's players. Talk about a bloated sense of over entitlement!

What a very strange over-reaction.

I said they have a right to know about this particular situation - which they do, given that we played without a striker on two occasions and got 1 point from those games, when we have Drmic under contract for the next two years; and given that Leitner is still being paid a lot of money (lots of which we give to the club) to do sweet fa when lesser footballers are playing for us during an injury crisis.

Or do you think it's OK that our management team decide to exile two players who were quite good enough to play for us in the PL but apparently aren't good enough to even show their faces around a Championship squad? You'd be happy if they did that to Pukki or Sorensen would you? Wouldn't think supporters might dessrve an explanation?

And yes, we're doing well without them but who knows whether we might be doing even better with Drmic in particular. No one will convince me that a player capped 37 times by Switzerland isn't a better Championship option than Stiepermann as a forward.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, we're doing absolutely fine without them. The fact that neither Drmic or Leitner were bought back in when we were at the height of our injury crisis says it all. Farke clearly thinks there would be no positives to bringing them into the squad, and I trust his judgement. 

Drmic I couldn't care less about. Leitner is a frustrating one because there's clearly a very good player in there, but his attitude stinks. I don't want to be the guy who starts spreading second-hand gossip, but I've been told a couple of things about Leitner from someone who used to work at Colney, and the bloke sounds like a grade A d*ckhead.

Edited by Pukki Blinders

I think the only player i would have had back would be Drmic, and that was due to all our injuries. I still feel Drmic can be a hit at Championship level as an impact player frim the bench moreso than a starter. I feel sorry for him if his recent interview is to be believed. I hope our club doesn’t treat players like that. They are still human after all 

18 hours ago, sgncfc said:

What a very strange over-reaction.

I said they have a right to know about this particular situation - which they do, given that we played without a striker on two occasions and got 1 point from those games, when we have Drmic under contract for the next two years; and given that Leitner is still being paid a lot of money (lots of which we give to the club) to do sweet fa when lesser footballers are playing for us during an injury crisis.

Or do you think it's OK that our management team decide to exile two players who were quite good enough to play for us in the PL but apparently aren't good enough to even show their faces around a Championship squad? You'd be happy if they did that to Pukki or Sorensen would you? Wouldn't think supporters might dessrve an explanation?

But he's right, we do not have any right. Very few people 'give' money to the club, most pay the club for a service of some kind, that does not give you a right to know what they are doing with the money any more than it gives you a right to know what Amazon do if you buy books from them.

Want an explanation, yes, deserve, possibly, have a right to it, absolutely not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, All the Germans said:

But he's right, we do not have any right. Very few people 'give' money to the club, most pay the club for a service of some kind, that does not give you a right to know what they are doing with the money any more than it gives you a right to know what Amazon do if you buy books from them.

Want an explanation, yes, deserve, possibly, have a right to it, absolutely not.

I think this is an interesting point. Are we a "Club"? Or are we just a standard company providing a service? Norwich City Football Club it's called - a club which prides itself on being attached to its community and part of it. Yet you're telling me it's just like any other business? In which case I, as a shareholder, do indeed have the "right" to question the decision of an employee which may have had a huge impact on that company.

But as a supporter and a paid up "member" of the "club" I do have some rights as well. If you're a member of a golf club and they sack the secretary and don't tell you why, you wouldn't ask them?

So, I'll stick with my argument that yes, we do indeed have a "right" to know why Drmic, in particular has been treated as he has.