21 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

There is little evidence that the stowmarket 2 ever learn 

until proper long term ownership is in place this top 26 nonsense is going to be the height of their ambitions

Pssstt............ Delia and Michael have been our owners for 24 years now - I think that's long term don't you?? 

dear me, what endless whinming

not long back we were being rold that the club faced finacial melt down and the parachute payments had ended

we played a dismal 90mins or so at Poorman Road, which to manylooked like the best we could hope for that season .... if not beyond

yet since then we have cleared the financial worries, even been able yo spend £5m up gradinmg the trsing smd plsyer development  facilities

we have developed four, if not five youth players into PL standard

this supposed failing set up has found and developed the likes of Buendia and Onel and relative peanuts

to add to that we yet again walked off with the title giving us another season in the PL- one that I will argue was too early in our progress

however, maybe if fans were to stop over exciting themselves that City had managed to overcome the problem that faces (and has fcked over) so many clubs, how to afford the PL without it causing long term damage and grasp what has been achieved and what the future holds then this whining might quieten down a bit......

............or maybe not, as it is the usual ragbag of malcontents, who at times make the binners even seen realistic about their clubs position in the grand scheme of things

33 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Pssstt............ Delia and Michael have been our owners for 24 years now - I think that's long term don't you?? 

Not particularly defending that poster  and his way of thinking, but he did say "proper" long-term ownership.

The fact is that the club seem stuck in mud at the moment.That glass ceiling that we cannot penetrate.

In many ways, we are luckier than most, but even the most fervent supporter of Delia & Co. must confer to the fact that something has to budge sooner rather than later.

Despite recent events (results) and impending relegation, I do feel that the club is in a strong position with (cash flow) financial problems strong, good support, good squad and in the sound  hands (for now) of Webber and Farke.

I prefer to look forward to a successful season in the Chumps next time around rather than dwell upon the appalling level of consistency that  has marked our failings when trying to achieve better than this  for so long now.

BUT, something has to give if that wonderful level of support is to be rewarded with that long anticipated ground expansion and an aspiration to be more than one season wonders at the top table.

The penny has to drop among the Carrow Road elite sooner rather than later. Where it drops is anybody's preference or guess. 

I still maintain that our tremendous level of support and our Category 1 Academy are the aces in our pack with both assets indicating a strong showing next season.

Edited by BroadstairsR