Sign in to follow this  
Misery Guts

PAUL RANKIN

This subject seems to rear it''s head time and time again.  Like Paul, I have been the subject of much messageboard dislike, as have other posters, First Wizard springs to mind. It''s human nature to lash out at those who don''t say or think the same as you, especially when the club we all love is going down the pan.

When is everyone just going to accept that we all see things differently, and put our views across as such?  Some of us are more articulate than others, some have more time to post than others.  It''s not a crime to support Worthington or the board, neither is it a crime to point out where things are going wrong.

IMO Paul Rankin makes many (as he obviously works without any fear of supervisors) posts, most of which I agree with, but that isn''t the reason I am backing him.  Is he too negative, maybe, but so am I, and many other posters.  And just who is allowed to redefine negative?  He has every right to post, as do the people who don''t agree with him.  It''s a messageboard for all.

After witnessing some of the most dire performances this season in over 35 years of supporting this club I think a lot of us are truly fed up with the standard of football, the lack of tactical awareness and the amount of injuries occuring outside the football pitch, added to that there are the comments made in the press and on radio by the manager and his coaches about the fans.  The board sit and twiddle their thumbs...... rumours and counter rumours flare on here, other boards and in the press.  It''s not been a good season and most of us are disappointed. 

To those who still have faith in Worthington''s managerial talents, good for you.  I wish I could see what you can and please don''t think Paul or anyone else hates this club.  We don''t, we are just fed up with this stuff served up under the name of football and the attitude of those in charge that there is nothing wrong. 

To the original poster, sorry if reading Paul''s or anyone else''s posts on here have made your decision to give up, why not post a few more yourself with your feelings and we can discuss them.

Channel Four shows a contraversial programme, within minutes people are phoning up and complaining that they are made to watch this kind of thing, probalby forgetting that their remote control has buittons 1, 2, 3 and 5 and also an off button, same applies on here, if you dont like dont watch or post.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

This subject seems to rear it''s head time and time again.  Like Paul, I have been the subject of much messageboard dislike, as have other posters, First Wizard springs to mind. It''s human nature to lash out at those who don''t say or think the same as you, especially when the club we all love is going down the pan.

When is everyone just going to accept that we all see things differently, and put our views across as such?  Some of us are more articulate than others, some have more time to post than others.  It''s not a crime to support Worthington or the board, neither is it a crime to point out where things are going wrong.

IMO Paul Rankin makes many (as he obviously works without any fear of supervisors) posts, most of which I agree with, but that isn''t the reason I am backing him.  Is he too negative, maybe, but so am I, and many other posters.  And just who is allowed to redefine negative?  He has every right to post, as do the people who don''t agree with him.  It''s a messageboard for all.

After witnessing some of the most dire performances this season in over 35 years of supporting this club I think a lot of us are truly fed up with the standard of football, the lack of tactical awareness and the amount of injuries occuring outside the football pitch, added to that there are the comments made in the press and on radio by the manager and his coaches about the fans.  The board sit and twiddle their thumbs...... rumours and counter rumours flare on here, other boards and in the press.  It''s not been a good season and most of us are disappointed. 

To those who still have faith in Worthington''s managerial talents, good for you.  I wish I could see what you can and please don''t think Paul or anyone else hates this club.  We don''t, we are just fed up with this stuff served up under the name of football and the attitude of those in charge that there is nothing wrong. 

To the original poster, sorry if reading Paul''s or anyone else''s posts on here have made your decision to give up, why not post a few more yourself with your feelings and we can discuss them.

[/quote]

To pick up on one or two points in your post Gazza ,  you mention comments made  by  Nigel and coach`s   about the fans , via the press and radio ,  what , exactly  were these comments ?   assuming that your saying they were negative   , then I would say that if you didn`t hear these comments directly , then you can`t really say they are accurate !     you know what the meeja is like  , they make it up as they go along  , never mind the truth  , if a lie makes a good story !  

As far as I can recall  , Nigel  did say something  , in the course of  an after match speech , about    what the fans think doesn`t matter,  and , if taken in the context of the entire   speech ,  that statement  could NOT be construed as  Nigel having a go at fans !!    yet it suits  the Worthy out campaigners to   keep misquoting  Nigel  on this ONE  bit of his speech !!!    ad bloody nauseum  .........

No comparison kneelo - having watched the ups an downs of city for 30 years am I gone to watch ipswich over night???   I am proud to be a norwich fan and want to discuss the club whether it is doing well or badly - if you can switch of when things go poorly then fair play to you - but I cant do that and I wont sit at homefuming quietly to myself either.

NCFC is a club - and the fans and their opinions are what define that club; I cant and wont take my membership anywhere else.  

[quote user="MadDan"]" wont take second best like many others. "

More old tosh. As said before we and most others will always be second best.

The problem with posters like Paul (and yourself) is that you attempt to portray anyone who doesn''t think that ''sacking the manager will resolve our problems'' as fans who have little or no aspiration or concern for the club.

In Paul''s case it is far worse. Any genuine rebuttal of his repeated lies, misinformation and attempts to slander the club are twisted into being attacks on those that don''t agree with Worthington. They are not.

It is fair comment to state your views on the manager, his signings, tactics etc. This is part and parcel of this board and has been part and parcel of football be it here, in the pub or on the terraces for a long long time.

What is not fair comment is the repeated twisting of a story in an attempt to show how bad the club is, habitual misrepresent ion of what is said for the same purpose and the posting up of stuff from a totally unreliable source knowing that it is libellous solely because it''s made unfounded claims of financial irregularities.

This not an argument between those who want Worthington sacked and those who don''t. It is about a number of fans, irrespective of their views on Worthington, who are sick to the death of the lies and endless rumour being passed off as fact in an effort to denigrate the club.

It is not about keeping the faith it is about keeping the record straight. Something Paul Rankine and a small vociferous number of message board names have being doing their damnest to twist.

What they'' won''t take is the fact that the vast majority of genuine City fans don''t have their pathological hatred of the club and so seem to spend every waking hour of their existence posting up attacks on every single thread they can find.

True fans perhaps. Of or club, highly doubtful.[/quote]

you can say what you want dan but ithe only thing u have attacked is worthy and his ailing managerial ability. you find me one post where i have attacked the board mate.

" want to put their opinion forward (and it is opinion) "

More old guff. Try reading the post and replying to that rather then what you would like me to have said.

I have no problem with people''s views of something that has happened. What the problem here is the invention of stories and the subsequent commenting on that invention.

For some ''alledged City fans'' no story is so baseless that it can''t be repeated on here. The club are defrauding the fans and money has gone missing. That''s not opinion. That has been posted up on here then used to justify an attack upon the club.

You may not have seen or read the scurrilous posts put up here during the transfer window as many were taken down for being libellous. These from so called City fans. The heroic bunch who would have you believe that they have the club''s interest at heart.

If someone chooses to post up lies about our club I will challenge those lies. Taking the moral high ground it might be deemed by some of you - but it says volumes about how low some have sunk that any action trying to stick to the truth is regarded as worthy of attack.

And in reply to who I am, I am a former City player who played for England, won the FA Cup, currently sit in the director''s box at Carrow Road and commentate for Radio Norfolk via a complicated system of semaphore when nobody is looking. *

* I made that last bit up, but as it is my opinion you can take it as being gospel truth.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]

[/quote]

To pick up on one or two points in your post Gazza ,  you mention comments made  by  Nigel and coach`s   about the fans , via the press and radio ,  what , exactly  were these comments ?   assuming that your saying they were negative   , then I would say that if you didn`t hear these comments directly , then you can`t really say they are accurate !     you know what the meeja is like  , they make it up as they go along  , never mind the truth  , if a lie makes a good story !  

As far as I can recall  , Nigel  did say something  , in the course of  an after match speech , about    what the fans think doesn`t matter,  and , if taken in the context of the entire   speech ,  that statement  could NOT be construed as  Nigel having a go at fans !!    yet it suits  the Worthy out campaigners to   keep misquoting  Nigel  on this ONE  bit of his speech !!!    ad bloody nauseum  .........

[/quote]

After the match (i forget which one) when Paul McVeigh was playing a blinder earlier in the seaosn subsequently subbed on 60 minutes, the commentator said to worthy "the fans cant seem to understand why you took Paul McVeigh off to which he replied I am the manager and I don''t care what the fans think."

Steve foley said thats one on the chin of the fans after 5 wins in 5......and manager of the month in december