Sign in to follow this  
Flying Dutchman

Team V Leicester

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

Long hair, gloves.

Seriously, it isn't worth the effort.

I really don't know what you are on about. My reasons are perfectly clear and it is purely down to the fact that one of our playmakers is not making enough chances for others or scoring himself - or looking like scoring (contrary to what someone else said).  I've praised him for all sorts of things that he does well, but we need goals and/or more players making chances for others.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I really don't know what you are on about. My reasons are perfectly clear and it is purely down to the fact that one of our playmakers is not making enough chances for others or scoring himself - or looking like scoring (contrary to what someone else said).  I've praised him for all sorts of things that he does well, but we need goals and/or more players making chances for others.

And as I keep pointing out but you keep ignoring- he is making chances for others. He has the second most key passes in our team (behind Emi, who you also dropped) and the third highest per 90 minutes. 

It is just hugely contradictory to say 'we're not creating enough chances' then suggest an XI including Trybull, Rupp and Drmic all of whom are significantly less creative and less capable of scoring goals than Cantwell has proven to be.

36 minutes ago, king canary said:

And as I keep pointing out but you keep ignoring- he is making chances for others. He has the second most key passes in our team (behind Emi, who you also dropped) and the third highest per 90 minutes. 

It is just hugely contradictory to say 'we're not creating enough chances' then suggest an XI including Trybull, Rupp and Drmic all of whom are significantly less creative and less capable of scoring goals than Cantwell has proven to be.

They are just stats over the whole season and do not show the trend in recent matches.

And regards Trybull, Drmic and Rupp, I take it you didn't go to the Burnley away cup game.......yeah, I know, its not the league....but it is a fallacy to think other players couldn't do a good job. 

On 25/02/2020 at 19:45, Clint said:

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Godfrey, Lewis

Trybull, Vrancic

Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell

Pukki

Farhmann, Tettey, Rupp, Duda, Drmic, McLean, Idah

I'd go with this but with Buendia in the number 10 spot and Rupp in for Stiepermann. 

Stiepermann had enough chances at this level.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

They are just stats over the whole season and do not show the trend in recent matches.

And regards Trybull, Drmic and Rupp, I take it you didn't go to the Burnley away cup game.......yeah, I know, its not the league....but it is a fallacy to think other players couldn't do a good job. 

The trend in recent matches that coincides with...Rupp and Duda coming in.

Did you go to the Burnley cup game? You never mention it...

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

The trend in recent matches that coincides with...Rupp and Duda coming in.

Did you go to the Burnley cup game? You never mention it...

Ya da ya da. I think that match was hugely relevant to our season and showed the quality of the squad - and without most of the youngsters - and farkeball was still very clearly working.  My opinion is that one or two of the youngsters are now showing signs of mental tiredness after their huge rise and all the hype this season and maybe it is right that others come in.  Its just an opinion - oh and Duda only played about 10 minutes of that match. 

GK  Krul

LB  Lewis

CB  Godfrey

CB  Hanley

RB  Aarons 

CM  Tettey

CM  Vrancic 

AML  Cantwell 

CAM  McLean

AMR  Buendia

ST  Pukki

Fahrmann, Rupp, Trybull, Duda, Stiepermann, Drmic, Idah