Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Ambition the way forward - the play offs are not far off

I would like to put across the point that maybe spending 2 million this January - set off against the sales off Deano and Greeno in the summer assuming we do not manage promotion is the way forward for norwich. 

Bringing in Jason Koumas for 1.5 million and Carl Robinson for a nominal fee would fill in the gaps to an otherwise strong looking squad and show Dean Ashton that we do actually mean business this season and are gonna have a real go!!  I beleive that there will not be too many bids in excess of 7 million for Deano and to sell at any less a price would not be worthwhile from Norwich''s point of view.

The defense has been fairly good this season and let down in part by those ahead of them in the park.  McVeigh has shown himeself to be an adept understudy to Mckenzie having been given the chance. And a fully fit thorne should be an adept understudy to Ashton.

Jason Koumas would spray the ball around and in linking up with say Safri and the tidy Carl Robinson could set up the chances for Ashton and Mckenzie to bury with Hucks causing the usual problems on the left.

Prudence with Ambition - these last 2 years the board have proven themselves can they and the manager do it again??

I agree with Koumas - he would be a great buy - but we still need someone to fill that troublesome right midfield slot.

unless the board stumps up a fresh wad or are prepared to borrow heavily in lieu of selling assets in the summer, probably either greeno or deano has to go to finance the current squad and sign some of the loanees permanently. Worthy has said he''s not intrested in Koumas and I can''t see the board shelling out 2m for new signings beyond the current squad we have now.Money talks, and if we could keep current squad together it would be great and perhaps we could mount a late play off push.  Imo our league position end of dec is crucial to the boards decision to either gamble and keep the squad intact or sell  deano &/or greeno in jan.

We need a couple of midfielders still - one who should have some serious pace and the other to have that little bit extra a la Koumas or Idiakaez

OTBC