Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Additions for next season

I have seen a few comments mentioning that we should stick with the first 11 and give them a chance, well I am sure they will but as others have said they know competition will come in.

Others have said we do not need many, well we saw with buendias suspension that we do need cover. We had quite slim options from the bench other than centre half and central midfield. So additions are needed.

We may have aleady agreed fees or agreements with out of contract players earlier in the year and hence the £20 million or transfer budget that has recently been mentioned could be a figure from now.

Either way we will be doing some fantastic work behind the scenes and there are more players running down contracts now and also we have looked at the overseas market for young bargains. So I would not be surprised if there is five or so signings, possibly more if klose were to leave.

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Thompson? He probably wouldn't have been part of our plans for next season in his main position had we stayed in the Championship, never mind moving up to Premier League level and then playing out of position.

I wouldn't write him off just yet WWIAFTM. We signed him up on a new year four year deal (plus option of a further years extension) as recently as October 2018. Obviously there has to be a big question mark over him because of his terrible run of injuries, but if we've learnt one thing over the last season it's that Farke and Webber know a good player when they see one. 

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/it-is-a-sign-of-how-much-we-believe-in-him-thompson-bounces-back-from-injuries-to-sign-new-city-contract-1-5731123

Edited by Thirsty Lizard
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I wouldn't write him off just yet WWIAFTM. We signed him up on a new year four year deal (plus option of a further years extension) as recently as October 2018. Obviously there has to be a big question mark over him because of his terrible run of injuries, but if we've learnt one thing over the last season it's that Farke and Webber know a good player when they see one. 

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/it-is-a-sign-of-how-much-we-believe-in-him-thompson-bounces-back-from-injuries-to-sign-new-city-contract-1-5731123

But after his injuries, there's no way we'll throw him in next season. The potential may be there, but the next step for him would be to have a loan spell to get fit again. Depending on how that goes we can reassess, but I do fear he's one of these players whose body will struggle to handle professional football and will continue to pick up injuries. Hopefully I'm wrong.