Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Burnley

2010/11 - the last time #NCFC played Burnley in League. #NCFC promoted to PL.

2013/14 - #NCFC relegated. Burnley promoted to PL.

2014/15 - #NCFC promoted to PL via POs, Burnley relegated.

2015/16 - #NCFC relegated, Burnley promoted to PL 2018/19 - Let's not jinx it, right?

Even before that -

2008/09 - Burnley promoted to the PL after an absence of 33 years from the top-flight, whilst #NCFC suffer relegation to League One for the first time in 49 years.

2009/10 - Burnley relegated, #NCFC promoted to Championship. Football's a funny thing.

nicked from my daughters twitter I'm hoping that they are relegated this year !

• Like 1

After their 7th place finish last season, Burnley fans could have been forgiven for thinking their team was a well-established PL club.

Their current position of 17th is a dramatic change of fortune and they are clearly embroiled in a relegation battle.

Fingers crossed that Joe Hart remains in goal for the rest of the season.....

I believe Burnley's idea was to rely on Dyche and his coaching methods to get the best out of journeymen players. Defour and Vydra are really their only foreign players of any note. Good luck to them but they face a hard battle.

It's amusing to see the fact that we've moved in opposite directions so regularly  but I don't actually think whether or not we get promoted is linked to how well Burnley get on this season... :classic_biggrin:

I think at the start of last season, the fans of Swansea, Stoke and WBA would probably all have felt - with a lot more justification than Burnley fans - they were well on the way to becoming "established Premier League" clubs....