Sign in to follow this  
Herman

A Whole Month.....

....off the booze. First time in about 20 years. Feel good. Sleeping better and have a bit more energy.

Anybody else have a dry January?

[quote user="Herman "]....off the booze. First time in about 20 years. Feel good. Sleeping better and have a bit more energy.

Anybody else have a dry January?[/quote]

Well done Herman, did you have any pangs going through it? I did not Know of the campaign or take part. I have an intimate realtionship with beer whilst having my food. Now and then I relent for a day, or forget to buy some. Maybe I should give it a go.More to it, are you going to carry on? what will you do with all the money you saved....;)

Normally I bust at the third weekend but didn''t have many pangs at all. Over doing it at Christmas made me a bit more determined.

Had a couple last night but waking up groggy this morning made me think that carrying on being sober is a better thing in the long run.

Good going Herman. I often think I could go without booze for a while, then realise we have wine at least every other day during the week. While I don''t drink anything like I used to as a lad, I do enjoy a beer especially if eating out.

Not sure if I could go a whole month off the sauce. I have cut down a lot, though. At my worst, about five or six years ago, I was drinking 6 or 7 pints a night, for at least 5 days of the week (no hangover the next morning). I now drink on no more than 3 nights a week and very very seldom do I have a drink at lunch times.

If you enjoy your beer then I wouldn''t stress yourself trying to give up. You''ll just end up miserable.

I got to a stage where I wasn''t enjoying it and necking any old pee water so a break was what''s needed.

Treat myself at the weekend but keep to the old adage, quality not quantity.

I might go dry for Lent this year. I''ve never given up anything for Lent before, so this year might be the year to do something. It would be interesting to see how much weight I could lose through it!

good luck sir, i''m nearly a month without a beer (3 weeks and 2 days, not that i''m counting). The hard part for myself was after the 4th day, coming home from work.....i found that tough, but anyway good luck

I''m beginning to have doubts as to whether over a month without beer would be tolerable. Booze is a great escape from reality, and I only need about six pints once a week to achieve that aim.

Pretty much over a year now. Herman. (I slide but GPs are OK with my blood tests)Not really happy about it, just had to...or else.I certainly don''t feel any better physically,but mentally a bit better.I spend the saving on Mars Bars anyway.I do feel that your choice and others who do is a good one.I will keep on plodding on and on and on.hex

Nice video and music choice too.We might not read the same newspaper but it was moving.hex

[quote user="hexem"]Pretty much over a year now. Herman.
(I slide but GPs are OK with my blood tests)

Not really happy about it, just had to...or else.
I certainly don''t feel any better physically,but mentally a bit better.
I spend the saving on Mars Bars anyway.

I do feel that your choice and others who do is a good one.
I will keep on plodding on and on and on.
hex

[/quote]

A few years back I had to go to the hospital for some pre-dental op check up. I made the mistake of admitting how much I drank. Next minute I was then having to go for blood tests and liver checks. It pays to stay quiet sometimes.

Glad you are on the mend btw. Welcome back to the happy Pink''Un ship.