Sign in to follow this  
N city till I die

Norwich City

I went to Norwich yesterday for the Everton game, (My dad grew up in Norwich and is a city fan) and me and my mate took a short walk through the city centre and it was just great, the people are friendly, nice independent shops and I always love coming here, it is such a nice break from London, I think it is just a great British city, sadly not many left these days, if any actually.

Is there a chance it will get taken over and overcrowded with foreigners and lose its identity? I hope it doesn''t because that will be such a shame, also how will the people of Norfolk and Norwich react if this does happen??

Also with the new developments of the A11 road will there be more people come to the city to live and work?

I wouldn''t worry about the foreigners taking over,the multi-nationals have already.Norwich IS a clone town.Sad,but get used to it!

It''s a city for a start, an not just because it has a cathedral by the way. There is loads of independent stores about Norwich, and I don''t see it being multi national at all, you obviously don''t live there.

Yes Norwich has lots of independent stores. Also loads of multi-national stores in the 2 big shopping malls and around the pedestrian area. Plus an excessive number of Tesco stores.Just to point out not all places with a cathedral are cities as Bury St Edmunds is a town.I confirm I live in Norwich. It is a lovely place. Some people are friendly. Some people are not. Depends who you are lucky enough to meet.Glad you had a good day.

Well london Canary. Stick with it, It is your choice. I live 30 minutes away.A journey I would not wish to bother with. "Stick with your tomorrows"I would  once have liked to buy into the golden triangle..No longer a plan.hex

I don''t understand what your saying Hex sorry.

Drurys testamonial mark 15, testimonial is spelt like that lol. Didn''t realise that Drury, thought all places that had a cathedral were a city.

Sorry London Canary.I am often obscure. Norwich has nice bits . The ''golden triangle'' to the south with big houses once seemed a good idea but life follows other roads.Follow your tomorrows is a Tim Hardin line.   & he didn''t last long. Take care.hex

At least I know what I think I am talking about.Anyway like Kings Lynn, Norwich does have nice areas such as the Cathedral and on to the river.As a youngster I worked at The Theatre Royal for 2 weeks one summer, and ambled around the Cow Tower fields. The Castle has a great display of local art,(The Norwich School Of Art).It seems you can pick up a bit of Nelson memorabilia withoutanyone noticing. (Not Mandela).The Riddler would have no trouble hiding a Cotman under his jumper.I think, like London you do have to have a reason to go into the centre.Shrimper heads for galleries & Cutty Sark for photography.When there is good stuff on I head into the West End for a "Night at the Ballet).I am not that keen on Opera! There has been much Rattigan recently.The Duchess of Malfi is on  the list. It was an A Level text some 46 years ago.That probably explains why I don''t make life easy for readers.hex