Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Drought

Well it had to happen the country is suffering from the worst drought since 1976, We are an Island ffs, we can spend billions on the Olympics, we can pump oil and gas in from the sea, we can throw up wind farms out at sea, yet No one is brainy enought to devise a water system to pump sea water through a purifacation and into the rivers .  We filter sewers so why not sea water.

[quote user="pete_norw"]Well it had to happen the country is suffering from the worst drought since 1976, We are an Island ffs, we can spend billions on the Olympics, we can pump oil and gas in from the sea, we can throw up wind farms out at sea, yet No one is brainy enought to devise a water system to pump sea water through a purifacation and into the rivers .  We filter sewers so why not sea water.[/quote]

Of course they have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination

[quote user="pete_norw"]Well it had to happen the country is suffering from the worst drought since 1976, We are an Island ffs, we can spend billions on the Olympics, we can pump oil and gas in from the sea, we can throw up wind farms out at sea, yet No one is brainy enought to devise a water system to pump sea water through a purifacation and into the rivers .  We filter sewers so why not sea water.[/quote]

Could it be that the population is becoming too big for the land mass on this small island, with insufficient water to meet the needs of this teeming human horde? This water system you refer to has already been invented, and is called a desalination plant. I believe you can find these plants performing an essential role in supplementing the water supply in places such as Dubai and Malta. Water shortages will affect 35% of the world''s population by 2026. Very frightening. Water is a precious, vital and invaluable commodity. Don''t be wasteful!

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Of course they have

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desalination

[/quote]

Well thats what you get for living in radio pitch falk land, I never knew that lol Oh well end of discussion, I''ll get my coat.

[quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]

Could it be that the population is becoming too big for the land mass on this small island, with insufficient water to meet the needs of this teeming human horde? This water system you refer to has already been invented, and is called a desalination plant. I believe you can find these plants performing an essential role in supplementing the water supply in places such as Dubai and Malta. Water shortages will affect 35% of the world''s population by 2026. Very frightening. Water is a precious, vital and invaluable commodity. Don''t be wasteful!

[/quote]There is a lot of truth in your statement ,where I live in Walkern the River Beane has been low for several years ,nothing to do with the lack of rainfall ,but everything to do with Thames Water sucking it dry ,there are too many people in this country ,especially in the south east ,fifty years ago the River Beane  used to be a good trout river and powered a large water mill ,it is barely a trickle now :(

[quote user="walkern canary"][quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]

[/quote]

There is a lot of truth in your statement ,where I live in Walkern the River Beane has been low for several years ,nothing to do with the lack of rainfall ,but everything to do with Thames Water sucking it dry ,there are too many people in this country ,especially in the south east ,fifty years ago the River Beane  used to be a good trout river and powered a large water mill ,it is barely a trickle now :(
[/quote]

It''s the same down the road,where the Mimram is being sucked dry by the water companies.

http://www.ourrivers.org.uk/2011/09/on-the-brink-conservationists-reveal-the-rivers-still-suffering/