Sign in to follow this  
Mervmeister

Toffolo to Millwall - Free transfer

[quote user="Woodman"]Not so sure about that Grumpy. The new regime seems to be looking at players differently to previous managers and coaches. They''ve come in not knowing anything about the fringe and youth squads.

I get the feeling if Farke had been here last season, someone like Maddison would have been involved rather than being loaned to Aberdeen. Lewis was almost immediately part of the first team set up from day one.

[/quote]

But as you say not knowing anything about the fringe players and yet Lewis was considered good enough but Toffolo or Cantwell weren''t.

We had the benefit of seeing Maddison perform at Aberdeen via TV and it was obvious that we had unearthed a gem of a player.As it turned out I think it did him a power of good going there because besides his natural talent with the ball there were aspects of his game that needed attention and it would probably have been a bit too early for him last season. Much as I agree with your point I don''t think it did us much harm farming him out. Now it seems every man and his dog are going into print to tell everybody out there that is interested to come and get him.Pritchard was bad enough but Maddison would be catastrophic for the immediate future of City

Cantwell has been getting some very positive comments from the manager and the 2nd half of the season in Holland will only help him

we have to many options in the position he plays so the loan makes some real sense

did you seriously watch scotish football I pray for your soul

[quote user="Paul101"]Cantwell has been getting some very positive comments from the manager and the 2nd half of the season in Holland will only help him

we have to many options in the position he plays so the loan makes some real sense

did you seriously watch scotish football I pray for your soul

[/quote]

I watched Scottish football whenever Aberdeen were on to watch the progress of Maddison just as I try to watch any match that has any of our players who are out on loan. Its what we do

Sorry but positive compliments or not,after being on the bench for a couple of matches we sign three players and he is farmed out to Holland,surplus to requirements. Just a bench warmer am afraid who will not get a look in.

One of those players, Leitner, is only a loanee and Hernandez and Srbney play in different positions.

I think there is a chance for Cantwell at Norwich still, and not just as a bench player, but he needs to go to Holland and perform well.

I think sending him abroad, away from friends/family might suggest that the club want him to mature a bit - Cantwell has been at Norwich all his life and probably needs the change of surroundings a little to kick him on. I''m sure there would have been League One and Two teams interested in him - so sending him out of the country is an active decision by the club.

Maybe Fortuna Sittard have a player or two who we''ve got our eye on & this is a spying mission for Todd!? I''m sure Maddison would''ve been asked about MacLean from Aberdeen before we committed to signing him.