Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Best and Worst game you've ever seen?

This is so odd THB as I thought it was Sullivan as well. I was in the South stand and I thought he burst away on that side almost from the half way line and scored with a low shot into the River End goal. Must have been a different match?

Funny thing memory!

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]OMG - will I never forget a goal which didn''t happen?[/quote]That''s what I keep hoping about Brexit, that it will turn out I only imagined it...Sullivan was the regular left-back that season but (I had to look this up) missed the last five games. It seems David Jones or Billy Steele stood in for him in the QPR game.From memory QPR scored first (Dave Thomas cutting in from the left and shooting with his right foot at the Barclay End. I think Morris'' goal (his only one for us!) - a right-foot screamer at the same end - must have been the one that made it 2-1 to us after MacDougall had equalised to make it 1-1 at half-time. Can''t  remember anything about that goal.Then Boyer scored when the ball ricocheted to him in front of goal in plenty of space. He looked offside - QPR certainly appealed - but presumably wasn''t. Finally Tony Powell, under pressure from Don Givens, lobbed Keelan!

The goals are on youtube.

I''m trying to understand why that game stands out, and I think it is because it was such an important game for QPR, who lost out to Liverpool by one point.

In many ways I''d have liked them to win the League that year.

I think that it was unusual to be at an important game when it didn''t affect City, so there wasn''t the usual fear of failure and disappointment which underlies most big games involving Norwich.

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]The goals are on youtube.

I''m trying to understand why that game stands out, and I think it is because it was such an important game for QPR, who lost out to Liverpool by one point.

In many ways I''d have liked them to win the League that year.

I think that it was unusual to be at an important game when it didn''t affect City, so there wasn''t the usual fear of failure and disappointment which underlies most big games involving Norwich.[/quote]Thanks. I misremembered the order of the first two goals. We scored first (a bit of  a gift from QPR) and Thomas equalised.