Peter Sarstedt RIP

For all you obvious fans:

Eden Kane Fan Club

c/o Sue Vale

16, Morris Avenue

Studs Hill, Herne Bay

Kent, CT6 8BB

England

"You get an even suntan on your crack and on your tw+t!"How often do we see a cultured and informative thread despoiled by the vulgarities of the lower orders

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]The original  full version had two extra verses:You go to the embassy partiesWhere you talk in Russian and GreekAnd the young men who move in your circlesThey hang on every word you speak, yes they do.You''re in between twenty and thirtyThat''s a very desirable ageYour body is firm and invitingBut you live on a glittering stage, yes you do, yes you do.They were probably left out because of length, but  the decision could justifiably have been on the basis of taste. Better that the second extra verse, in particular, with its hilarious non sequitur, got cut. Not that all other lyrics from the sixties were models of logical precision. But that was a price one paid for it being the greatest decade in the history - then, now and onward - of popular music.[/quote]

You ar3e correct, the verses were edited out because of the "risque" lyrics.

J''Taime was another banned from airply becasue of the heavy breathing.

Thing is, in Britain in the 60''s, men were under no obligation to bring a woman to orgasm, I believe the law was passed making it compulsory during the Thatcher years, so the lyrics are totally inaccurate.[/quote]It was actually forced on Thatcher by the EU - an at the time little-noticed section of the 1980 LEISURE TIME DIRECTIVE - SHARED INTER-SEXUAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EQUALLY SATISFYING EROTIC AROUSALAt last, with Brexit. the British people have seen sense, so this pernicious piece of misandropic legislation can be consigned to the dustbin of history, along with other foreign intrusions into the bedroom, such as duvets and percale cotton sheets, that have for decades sapped our moral fibre. The new rallying cry is "Bring back flannelette!"

"Bring back flannelette!""Far better, were that former lower league club Brentford Nylons.... managed by one ''Fluff'' FreemanA man ahead of his time,who advocated playing the full 90 mins minutes of a game''not ''arf''

[quote user="Dan Dare"]"You get an even suntan on your crack and on your tw+t!"How often do we see a cultured and informative thread despoiled by the vulgarities of the lower orders[/quote]

Have you been reading my mail again?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]The original  full version had two extra verses:You go to the embassy partiesWhere you talk in Russian and GreekAnd the young men who move in your circlesThey hang on every word you speak, yes they do.You''re in between twenty and thirtyThat''s a very desirable ageYour body is firm and invitingBut you live on a glittering stage, yes you do, yes you do.They were probably left out because of length, but  the decision could justifiably have been on the basis of taste. Better that the second extra verse, in particular, with its hilarious non sequitur, got cut. Not that all other lyrics from the sixties were models of logical precision. But that was a price one paid for it being the greatest decade in the history - then, now and onward - of popular music.[/quote]

You ar3e correct, the verses were edited out because of the "risque" lyrics.

J''Taime was another banned from airply becasue of the heavy breathing.

Thing is, in Britain in the 60''s, men were under no obligation to bring a woman to orgasm, I believe the law was passed making it compulsory during the Thatcher years, so the lyrics are totally inaccurate.[/quote]It was actually forced on Thatcher by the EU - an at the time little-noticed section of the 1980 LEISURE TIME DIRECTIVE - SHARED INTER-SEXUAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EQUALLY SATISFYING EROTIC AROUSALAt last, with Brexit. the British people have seen sense, so this pernicious piece of misandropic legislation can be consigned to the dustbin of history, along with other foreign intrusions into the bedroom, such as duvets and percale cotton sheets, that have for decades sapped our moral fibre. The new rallying cry is "Bring back flannelette!"[/quote]

I can see the chic label now, in a very appealing, contemporary typeface:

Flannelette by Farage

[quote user="Dan Dare"]"Bring back flannelette!""Far better, were that former lower league club Brentford Nylons.... managed by one ''Fluff'' FreemanA man ahead of his time,who advocated playing the full 90 mins minutes of a game''not ''arf''[/quote]

I remember him

"I''m not a number. I''m a Freeman!"

no, just your posta completed uncalled for descent into coarseness that is wholly out of keeping with the sensitivities of this forum

ps I would suggest using Mozilla Firefox as your browser on here then your quotes won''t get lost in a sea of goobledegook

Unfortunately

I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,

I was schooled with a strap right across my back.

Thank you for your advice about the browser.

Just reading Ken Livingstone''s biography and his childhood hero was Dan Dare.

In fact he may have been responsible for the congestion charge.

linkmakes you wonder why she bothered with the make upI doubt many eyes wandered that far up the screen

Almost out-Hendrixes Hendrix on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed_w6Ysprps

And I think her voice is technically better.

Not sure about her looks though. Full length she looks kinda funny.