Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Shhhhhhh...

Another great post about football from Indy. You''re knockin am dead today buddy. Do as I preach not as I do?

If Norwich didn''t ever disappoint this board would fold. So we''re all doing Archant a favour.

Moanin Minnies Out!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Another great post about football from Indy. You''re knockin am dead today buddy. Do as I preach not as I do?

If Norwich didn''t ever disappoint this board would fold. So we''re all doing Archant a favour.

Moanin Minnies Out![/quote]Moanin Minnies Out ? In, surely.....

Well maybe for the greater good Smiffy. Putting up with them now would be the happy clapper equivalent of the moaning minnies who cheer opposition goals or believe defeat would be in our best interests....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Another great post about football from Indy. You''re knockin am dead today buddy. Do as I preach not as I do?

Moanin Minnies Out![/quote]

Oh the irony, you''re thread nothing to do with football but fishing as normal and you whine about my response!

I do hope you enjoyed the win nutty, like I said if we win again Saturday, you can run along to log on and dig at those who have a go when we lose again!

Sometimes I do wonder which side is worse!

Anyhow did you get to the U23 game midweek? I was in the city so stayed to watch, thought just how ordinary Klose looked considering he''s lauded by so many as our best defender, what did you think? Just bringing it back to football.

Before the last game I put in a post what I was hoping to see (but was unconvinced AN could get them to do) and from the reports it sounds like he and the team pretty much delivered.  I''m off to Barnsley on Saturday so will hope for another good performance and will see how we do at first hand.  I''m just going re-read some of Parma Ham''s comments on his latest thread so I can pay particular attention to those points, but I don''t think the problems he''s flagged were the real issue when we lost at Derby.

It would only be irony if I''d made the self righteous claim you did Indy. This thread didn''t pretend to be anything it isn''t. It''s clearly designed to add a bit of combustion to the dying embers. You''ve helped no end Indy.

Now when would you like to make the Norwich selections on Rays Funds?

Sorry Nutty, I''ve got a fair bit on at present, tats why I''ve not been on too often, travelling for work, as the downturn in Oil & Gas I can''t turn it away.

I''d love to get involved Nutty, maybe in the new year once it calms down again, thanks.

Bloody IPad, I''ve not been on here much since October as I''m contracted by a Norwegian firm for a few months.

[quote user="Indy"]Sorry Nutty, I''ve got a fair bit on at present, tats why I''ve not been on too often, travelling for work, as the downturn in Oil & Gas I can''t turn it away.

I''d love to get involved Nutty, maybe in the new year once it calms down again, thanks.[/quote]Yes, there''s a distinct lack of that on here when we win. [:D]Thank God there''s some chancer in the Finance Dept with the loony Cup ticket price to save the day......

Indeed there is, one win and the customers go home happy with nothing to moan about! But still some posters need to moan about there not being moaners to moan........

Nutty, where''s the self righteous claim, you talk of?

Surely it has to be a match to match process.

Everyone goes to entertained first and a result a close second don''t they?

The previous games were not only pointless but dire as well so that was six weeks when those who wish to see changes had every right to moan, whinge, complain whatever.

After Saturday''s sparkling performance, it is obviously the turn of those who are (reasonably) happy with the current setup to have a chance to express themselves.

The tiring "quiet on here tonight", from either camp, has been overdone and not really one of the better vehicles to discuss.

And I doubt the sponsors will close the site because sarcasm has been erased.

I can see your point.  But I do take a quiet satisfaction when we are on a good run and some of the clear binner trolls go missing (e.g. "Keith Scott" - anyone who things we have a bad record signing strikers recently needs to remember how truly awful he was as a player).

Grandad, don''t get all on your high horse about it like Indy. I was just remarking it was quiet. Which it was. When I put Rays Funds up there was hardly a gap between this week''s and last week''s. Much quieter than normal even considering we won. I wasn''t complaining about people complaining. This board is home to happy clappers and nappy crappers alike. It''s always busier when we lose. An excellent thread like Ricardo''s Report gets over twice as many views when we lose by the odd goal than it does when we win by five. Good news doesn''t sell newspapers. People don''t want to read about good news or good football results. Those that go enjoy the wins more but also enjoy the inquests more than the celebrations.
There''s an excellent thread on here from my buddy Parma. It''s got everything going for it and doesn''t include any old squit like this one. But this is what the customers want. If you imagine Parma''s thread to be the equivalent of David Attenborough''s Life On Earth then mine is Corrie. It''s all about keeping the customer satisfied.
Did you go to school with Tilly[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Grandad, don''t get all on your high horse about it like Indy. I was just remarking it was quiet. Which it was. When I put Rays Funds up there was hardly a gap between this week''s and last week''s. Much quieter than normal even considering we won. I wasn''t complaining about people complaining. This board is home to happy clappers and nappy crappers alike. It''s always busier when we lose. An excellent thread like Ricardo''s Report gets over twice as many views when we lose by the odd goal than it does when we win by five. Good news doesn''t sell newspapers. People don''t want to read about good news or good football results. Those that go enjoy the wins more but also enjoy the inquests more than the celebrations.
There''s an excellent thread on here from my buddy Parma. It''s got everything going for it and doesn''t include any old squit like this one. But this is what the customers want. If you imagine Parma''s thread to be the equivalent of David Attenborough''s Life On Earth then mine is Corrie. It''s all about keeping the customer satisfied.
[/quote]

I don''t know who Tilly. If I''m compared does that make me a white hat or black hat, or clapper or crapper?

I''m not on any horse either but as more of a reader than a poster, although following several comments I am trying to post more often, cynically sometimes serious other times, I just think the "quiet on here tonight" phrase has become a wee bit overplayed.

By the way, keep up, its Planet Earth II now. And very good it is too. I haven''t watched Corrie since, well, colour TV was affordable for the masses. 23/9/72 was the date of my first colour TV and left Carrow Road delighted after spanking Arsenal 3-2. Especially after singing outrageous songs with the Barclay about Alan Ball!

Watched the goals in colour on LookEast on Monday evening.

Got to go, the nurse is coming.

Sorry Nutty, but you still jumped on me being self righteous and I can''t see where, my point is that there''s no need either way, we win, we lose and we get the same old shite trying to get threads into argument instead of debating the game.

Parmas thread is very insightful and some good opinions, more like would be great.

There''s enough numpty posters on here who do this type of thread and I don''t put you in that category so am a little surprised you did.

Anyhow Tilly is entitled to his view recently and his mind has some valid points, even young ricardo has lot more concerns this season.

It''s a pivotal year for us as a club and I''m still of the opinion the clubs gone backwards with its view of its fan base, the way they communicate the changes this year, I do feel like a customer as mentioned before.

Let''s leave it there again, I''ll be home for the next game Tuesday and I''m looking forward to beating Villa.......

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Grandad, don''t get all on your high horse about it like Indy. I was just remarking it was quiet. Which it was. When I put Rays Funds up there was hardly a gap between this week''s and last week''s. Much quieter than normal even considering we won. I wasn''t complaining about people complaining. This board is home to happy clappers and nappy crappers alike. It''s always busier when we lose. An excellent thread like Ricardo''s Report gets over twice as many views when we lose by the odd goal than it does when we win by five. Good news doesn''t sell newspapers. People don''t want to read about good news or good football results. Those that go enjoy the wins more but also enjoy the inquests more than the celebrations.
[/quote]

I don''t know who Tilly. If I''m compared does that make me a white hat or black hat, or clapper or crapper?

I''m not on any horse either but as more of a reader than a poster, although following several comments I am trying to post more often, cynically sometimes serious other times, I just think the "quiet on here tonight" phrase has become a wee bit overplayed.

By the way, keep up, its Planet Earth II now. And very good it is too. I haven''t watched Corrie since, well, colour TV was affordable for the masses. 23/9/72 was the date of my first colour TV and left Carrow Road delighted after spanking Arsenal 3-2. Especially after singing outrageous songs with the Barclay about Alan Ball!

Got to go, the nurse is coming.[/quote]
Well Tilly was the only person I could think of old enough to go to school with Kev''s grandad. Sorry it''s nothing more than that. Quite innocent really. Shame I had to spell it out[;)]
Now you''re posting more often could you help me out on Rays Funds?

"23/9/72 was the date of my first colour TV"luxuryI remember having to go round my neighbours to watch colour TV, which was ok...........until the miserable old barstard drew the curtans

I was at the Arsenal game that day, went in through the turnstile next to the Main Stand and as I was walking up the side steps into the Barclay I could see there as quite a few Arsenal fans already there and coming through the turnstilesif only that Norwich did not have to many black fans, with London accents, in those daysBernie was our token black.

I was at that game too Dan. I don''t remember there being a fuss about Terry Anderson celebrating scoring against his old club. Must be a modern thing...

Haven''t watched Corrie since....
Coronation Street original cast

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Grandad, don''t get all on your high horse about it like Indy. I was just remarking it was quiet. Which it was. When I put Rays Funds up there was hardly a gap between this week''s and last week''s. Much quieter than normal even considering we won. I wasn''t complaining about people complaining. This board is home to happy clappers and nappy crappers alike. It''s always busier when we lose. An excellent thread like Ricardo''s Report gets over twice as many views when we lose by the odd goal than it does when we win by five. Good news doesn''t sell newspapers. People don''t want to read about good news or good football results. Those that go enjoy the wins more but also enjoy the inquests more than the celebrations.
[/quote]

Got to go, the nurse is coming.[/quote]
Well Tilly was the only person I could think of old enough to go to school with Kev''s grandad. Sorry it''s nothing more than that. Quite innocent really. Shame I had to spell it out[;)]
Now you''re posting more often could you help me out on Rays Funds?
[/quote]

I don''t know what Rays funds are but I promise to give it a look next week. Off to Windsor tomorrow to take some presents to grandchildren.

No. Not that family. Although my son does guard her.

[quote user="Dan Dare"]"23/9/72 was the date of my first colour TV"luxuryI remember having to go round my neighbours to watch colour TV, which was ok...........until the miserable old barstard drew the curtans

I was at the Arsenal game that day, went in through the turnstile next to the Main Stand and as I was walking up the side steps into the Barclay I could see there as quite a few Arsenal fans already there and coming through the turnstilesif only that Norwich did not have to many black fans, with London accents, in those daysBernie was our token black.[/quote]

The Eagle was my chosen comic as a kid, delivered on Wednesday I think. So those who disagree with you should have the Mekon as their avatar.