Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Stevenage Fan

Stevenage Fan I read your posts re criticism of Ian Henderson which were uncalled for, but I take it you may be from Stevenage, your names a bit of a give away.

Well me too, would you like to share travelling and expenses, gets pretty expensive and boring travelling up by myself.

If so please respond to this post and we will have to find a way to exchange contact details.

I thought I was the only one in Stevenage, lol.

To be honest, and I am going to get linched for this, I haven''t been to a game all season. I did try and get a season ticket, but missed out. Not wanting to list a whole bunch of excuses regarding my personal reasons for not getting to a game, but a girlfriend and a rather large new house feature in it. Plus I run two footy teams on the weekend.

Anyway my Mum & Dad are moving back to Norwich in the summer (we moved from Norwich to Stevenage about 15 years ago) and we plan to share a season ticket, probably my Dad will have home and i''ll have away games, so yes travelling together wouldn''t be a bad idea at all.
I do want to get to some games this season too, but it all depends on our visit to the lovely mortgage lender tomorrow morning. I could be eating bread and jam for a few years, lol.

If you want to post email address or join some board where we can chat private then let me know? Actually my footy team website has a messageboard and you can send private mail. Go to www.rileysfc.co.uk and join the messageboard.

As all games sold out to date noone will lynch you I am sure.

Tried to post on RileysFC but need to load Flashplayer, since this is work laptop don''t know if they would be happy with me loading, I will post from home probably tomorrow.

Tonight if I remember but now get around 30 spam messages a day, therefore it takes ages to download, will send message on Rileysfc to "Stevenage Fan NCFC"

If there are other fans near Stevenage you might like to join this post.

Hello There, Im currently a tax dodger at the uni in Hatfield and would jump at the chance to organise something in or around Stevenage. Let us know if anything is going to happen, Im open to ideas!

I''m also a Herts Canary!
Born in Stevenage, now living in nearby Letchworth.

Actually going to watch Stevenage Borough tomorrow, (my 2nd team)

Great to hear of other yellows so close by.
all the best,

OTBC

PK
(Pete)

cool that makes 6 that I know of, my uncle and dad included.

Out of interest PK, you were born in Letchworth, how did you end up supporting Norwich? Just that most of my friends that were born round this area are Arse or Spurs.

North Herts Canaries if you want to make contact with each other leave voicemail or text to 07792018361, this mobile is not used by me on a daily basis, rarely if ever, but leave tele no or e mail address and I will ensure details re Canaries in North Herts are shared.

Another fan from Stevenage

Hi again to all the North Herts Canaries,

Great news to hear about other yellow''s near me.

The reason i started supporting City was mostly down to my brother who started supporting city in the early 90''s when they were in the Prem.
He eventually got me to swap from my then club Man u to City around 1995 and i''ve been a NCFC supporter ever since.
I have no connections with Norfolk at all!
I just found the club to be friendly and a club made up of real fans, and not day trippers and glory hunters like at Man Utd.

Feel free to drop me an e-mail at

pk_ncfc_fan@yahoo.co.uk

all the best, i''ll keep in touch,
PK
OTBC

So how many years we all been supporting City for?

As i''m 17, not too long, but my first game was when i was 9

October 1995 1-1 v Tranmere at CR.

Milligan scored i think.

all the best,
PK

My Story is like yours, I used to support a whole hutch of clubs under peer pressure! when i was a little boy, but when my dad took me to a city game, Norwich Vs Southampton 1993 1:0 Robins 88, I was hooked! I was born in Norwich and my Uncle who still lives there supported them as well, hence us going to see a match.

Im almost 22 now and as im at uni dont get to see them often but the best must have been away at Gillingham when we went 4:0 down and battled back to 4:3, although we lost we through everything at them in the final 10 mins, Robbo had a shot cleared off the line.

well Im 26 and have supported since I was born. Lived in and around Norwich until the age of 11 when we moved to Stevenage due to my dads work.

Won a competition in the pink''un once to win a place at the Steve Bruce soccer school when I was about 9 or 10 and met the whole team of the time Ken and Kenny Brown, Dale Gordon, Tony Spearing, Bruce, Crook, Culverhouse, Townsend etc. Peter Mendham made frequent visits to our junior school too. My best memory watching Norwich as a kid has to be the Milk Cup final.
My sisters boyfriend at the time used to have NCFC lodgers at their house too, so I met loads of the reserve and youth players like John Sheffield.

Since moving to Stevenage though I have only managed to grab the odd game in the London area and a few home games when in Norwich visiting family, oh also made Cardiff for my most depressing memory as a Norwich fan for the play of final.