Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Allardyce has had plenty to say this week

I''m just full of excitement. I can understand the nerves but how have all the other ''cup finals'' gone under AN? Well we lost against Boro but have won every other one, odds are he''ll get a result again for us here.

I genuinely believe we have a very good technical team playing in a league where physicality, pace and boring counter attacking football dominate and outmuscle good sides like us making us look poor and naive when we''re just trying to play good football. I also believe we have the next SAF in charge and I just can''t imagine an Alex Neil team ever getting relegated.

His Wenger/Martinez style of management and constant backing/praising of his team may mean we get complacent at times when we''re doing well, but that also means he keeps the players on his side, they love the guy apparently and so we win big games.

To be honest, even if we lose I''d back Neil to drag us out of this. He did it after the defeat to ''boro last year. He''s picked the squad up from some poor (and most of the time unlucky as hell) form a few times.

We''re staying up and I can''t wait for tomorrow!

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]I''m just full of excitement. I can understand the nerves but how have all the other ''cup finals'' gone under AN? Well we lost against Boro but have won every other one, odds are he''ll get a result again for us here.

I genuinely believe we have a very good technical team playing in a league where physicality, pace and boring counter attacking football dominate and outmuscle good sides like us making us look poor and naive when we''re just trying to play good football. I also believe we have the next SAF in charge and I just can''t imagine an Alex Neil team ever getting relegated.

His Wenger/Martinez style of management and constant backing/praising of his team may mean we get complacent at times when we''re doing well, but that also means he keeps the players on his side, they love the guy apparently and so we win big games.

To be honest, even if we lose I''d back Neil to drag us out of this. He did it after the defeat to ''boro last year. He''s picked the squad up from some poor (and most of the time unlucky as hell) form a few times.

We''re staying up and I can''t wait for tomorrow![/quote]

Lol

Yeah, one guy''s comment on a message board is totally going to mess up tomorrow''s result. Have a look on SMB, they''re all predicting a Sunderland win, so are all the pundits.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]I genuinely believe we have a very good technical team playing in a league where physicality, pace and boring counter attacking football dominate and outmuscle good sides like us making us look poor and naive when we''re just trying to play good football.[/quote]I wasn''t quite sure where we were going stylewise, both from when AN took over and up until fairly recently. It''s been quite a delicate balancing act between trying to play and getting results via pragmatism.But credit to AN and the coaches, as we''ve improved our technique and style quite a bit in a relatively short space of time, probably taking us ahead of where we''d be if we''d gone purely for results.