Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Allardyce has had plenty to say this week

Every day there seems to be a new statement from him. In comparison to AN, who has said very little.

Today, Big Sam has said he hopes Sunderland will take note of how Atleti play, so we could be in for a real tough game if that''s the case!

Hopefully it all comes back on him, he''s certainly been gobbing off, whether it be mind games or whatever.

You have to question his grasp on reality, if he is even mentioning Sunderland in the same sentence as Athletico.

It''s positive. People that talk a lot are trying to convine themselves or others which means Allardyce probably feels the players need convincing

He''s going to try every trick in the book, as he and his team, are in a corner.

The pressure is definitely on them. They are feeling it as well

"Allardyce has warned his players they are unlikely to get a better club if their stay on Wearside ends in relegation."

This latest little ditty will help lift his players👍

Tbh Atletico played a pretty good ''away'' game yesterday - if at home; it reminded me a little of our game against Citeh a few weeks back where we could so easily have nicked it.

All credit to Allardyce. He has never taken a team down. If he knows all the tricks of the trade, he should use them as ruthlessly as he can. I would hope for nothing less than that from him or, indeed, from Neil.

[quote user="morty"]You have to question his grasp on reality, if he is even mentioning Sunderland in the same sentence as Athletico.[/quote]Perhaps he''s lost it, and thinks he''s playing them on Saturday![;)]

so if he wants sunderland to play like athletico is he inferring we are like barcelona ?

Allerdyce never been relegated whereas most of the city squad have suffered relegation in the near past including Robbie Brady. Bamford, Klose, Pinto and Mbo might never have suffered however we have an experienced player who has never been relegared. That is Gary O''Neil who is proud of that record. Gazza to relegate Fat Sam at last.

Gary O''Neil has been relegated twice. QPR and Middleborough (I Think)!

It''s a fair enough comparison. At home and against weak teams we like to dominate possesion and pin teams in, cause as much trouble for the CB''s as possible while our forwards overlap. When it works it''s amazing, see Bournemouth/Stoke at home and Sunderland away, when it doesn''t we look naive and careless.

I''m not too sure whether that''s down to our inconsistency or teams sometimes playing so well off the ball to make us look poor, I hope it''s the former as all we''d really have to do to get a result is play near our best and not worry about them.

It''ll be possesion football v counter attacking so I can see what Allardyce means, even if the quality of those two styles will be vastly inferior to what the Spanish teams showed. Defoe is not a lone striker, Borini is rubbish and khazri isn''t particually quick so I don''t think they''re the most dangerous counter attacking side we''ll play this year.

Plus we''re they''re bogey team. 2-1 to us I reckon

[quote user="No Klose No Survival"]Borini isn''t rubbish at all. And in recent weeks they have looked their most threatening on the break.[/quote]
11 goals in 4 seasons.

He plays out of position for Sunderland for a start, which probably doesn''t help. He isn''t a good goalscorer and according to SMB forums he''s really out of form at the moment. He hasn''t impressed me at all since he was playing for Swansea in the Championship. But they were a bloody good side in that league and he was high enough and surrounded by enough quality to cause us problems that day. He''s been annonymous and full of mistakes every time I''ve seen him since and I''ve been watching a lot of Sunderland recently.

It looks like Allardyce is going to sit in and counter. I can''t see him hurting us much at all from deep on the wing to be honest. All I''m worried about is Defoe from set pieces

Also when I say rubbish I mean rubbish by this league''s standards. He''s a decent player really but I don''t think he''d get a game here ahead of Redmond or even Jarvis.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]All credit to Allardyce. He has never taken a team down. If he knows all the tricks of the trade, he should use them as ruthlessly as he can. I would hope for nothing less than that from him or, indeed, from Neil.[/quote]

Neither has Alex.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Highland Canary"]All credit to Allardyce. He has never taken a team down. If he knows all the tricks of the trade, he should use them as ruthlessly as he can. I would hope for nothing less than that from him or, indeed, from Neil.[/quote]

Neither has Alex.

[/quote][:D]

He can gob off all he likes to the media but it ain''t going to make the slightest bit of difference to what happens on the pitch.

Neil in his short career, with only journeymen managers to learn off of like Billy Reed etc has gotten two comparitivly small clubs promoted, established one in under half a season and is close to establish a play off winning team with by far the smallest budget in the league while also playing good football in most games.

Allardyce is preparing the media and their fans for a defeat, bigging up how good a draw would be while Neil remains silent and dignified as he always is. Allardyce is hammering his players saying how they''ll never do better than this, Neil''s message going into this season was that he believed in his players and he doesn''t see any reason why he or any of his players can''t work hard and be near the top of the league. If he keeps us up he''ll be looking at a few signings to try to win the league like Leicester have, Allardyce is a 40 point man, he doesn''t believe in his players are capable than more than their natural ability allows them to be, absolves himself from blame and hughton-ises his teams to grind out results.

We have the better manager, we''re at home and we have a great record against Sunderland. I can''t wait for tomorrow!

I''d go with a lot of that Ricky. I''m nervous but confident if that''s possible.

Sunderland surely can''t be thinking a draw is a good result for them? Of the two teams they absolutely have to win. Think they would like to come and attack but doubt they have the confidence to put it into practice. Certainly Sam doesn''t look full of the joys of Spring does he

I''m confident too, and if we can manage a victory by two goals it''s worth an extra point to us. bring it on.😄

Allardyce has been there a loooonnng time, had plenty of time to change and improve things with the players, in the changing room and on the training pitch.

I really do not expect that a few statements to the media, this week, will suddenly put a massive boost into his own team, or suddenly unnerve ours.

I have complete faith that Alex Neil will deal with anything Allardyce has said, with out it fazing him, or our players

Defoe is massively overrated anyway.  Treasure Island was basically nonsense, and Moll Flanders was just an old slapper who struck it lucky at the right time, much like Grant Holt***.
*** Before I get death threats, I don''t necessarily mean this.
But you don''t know.