Sign in to follow this  
HIT

2 all

Absolutely nothing to be sniffed at. Played some good attacking football against a accomplished west ham. Proud of the teams performance since half the team are not premier league quality. We are, after all, Norwich City.

I hope this is.a wind up . Two nil up against a team who mid week played 120 mins football and wrecked with injuries and couldnt hold out.

This team is pathetic no fitness no organisation no leadership on or off the pitch.

Brady one of our best players in attack playing at left back , Bamford not given a chance , Bennett not even on bench.

AN should go , result worst possible one, as will still hang on until too late for new manager to sort out mess.

On paper two all is reasonable

But the midweek extra time game for West Ham coupled with injuries does need to factor- so we should have the edge. But even leaving that aside...

shipping two goals in three minutes and an inability to see out a two goal cushion at home is the bigger concern. Once again our attacking players are let down by our woeful defence...

the defence every fan was screaming for the board to upgrade in summer. The defence that wasn''t sorted out and has ultimately cost us.

It is not AN''s fault. It is not the fault even of the defenders we have. They just are not good enough for this division and do their best.

The buck lies with the board and whoever is in charge of scouting and recruitment. And please dont give me ''they tried hard but nobody wanted to come..'' answer. That is down to lack of ambition with outlay.

"Once again our attacking players are let down by our woeful defence..."That''s nonsense. The reverse is true. Game after game our back four (who -- how often does this have to be said? -- do not by themselves constitute our defence) are let down by those in front of them, too many of whom only seem to be aware of the goal they are attacking and almost completely unaware of the goal (or anything else going on) behind them. As I said on the match thread, when AJ posted the lineup I thought he was joking and had to check @NCFC to convince myself it was true. Particularly with Tettey suspended, the selection was a recipe for exactly what happened (and happened regularly early in the season). In the end we were lucky to come out of it with a point.

[quote user="CJ"]I hope this is.a wind up . Two nil up against a team who mid week played 120 mins football and wrecked with injuries and couldnt hold out.

This team is pathetic no fitness no organisation no leadership on or off the pitch.

Brady one of our best players in attack playing at left back , Bamford not given a chance , Bennett not even on bench.

AN should go , result worst possible one, as will still hang on until too late for new manager to sort out mess.[/quote]

I agree with that.

The buck doesn''t lie with the board.

We have several better defenders than those playing on Saturday and that was AN''s decision.

We also have a defender that we''ve just paid a couple of million quid for and we don''t know if he''s better or not because AN isn''t playing him either.

And it isn''t just defence - despite AN''s many qualities and substantial achievements in a very short managerial career, it is becoming very obvious that we are in the really bizarre situation where in mid-Feb he still doesn''t know what his best defence is, or his best midfield and he doesn''t quite seem to settled the strikers either.

Like many others I think this seems partly an overreaction to the Newcastle defeat but it can''t be as simple as that after all this time.

Several better defenders ? I''d like to see a nice list of names. Pinto not getting played is because he is currently no better than we''ve already got .