Sign in to follow this  
yoda

Grimsby away 1984

Found an old ticket stub for the league cup quarter final away at Grimsby,i can remember me and my mate traveling up by car not knowing if the game would actually go ahead as it was snowing like hell.Anyone go to the game ?

Yes, I went by coach. Didn''t Dennis Van Wyk play cernte back for that game due to injuries?

[quote user="Plymouth canary"]I was there 16th jan 1985 score 0-1 can''t remember who scored though.[/quote]

Think it was John Deehan,the ticket says we were in the Findus stand 31 years ago ! where has that time gone ?

Yep, I went.
I drove two mates, from Norfolk, and the roads were carp, with snow and ice, and I nearly killed us all, when I attempted an overtake , in my Austin Allegro (they were de rigueur back then, let me tell you!) and I didn''t spot that the road actually had a bend in it (I blame the white out), and unbeliveably, some body was actually travelling in the Norfolk direction (who''d have thunk it?). Never have a few inches been more crucial
As for the game, I can remember actually daring to dream about Wembley after that (which was going to be my first time as a City fan)
It was freezing cold, the Grimsby fans were not especially welcoming, but who cared? We were a step closer to the Dream.

Its an odd coincidence that on another thread Paul Wilkinson`s exit from Carrow Road is being discussed whilst he turns up as a player for Grimsby on this one.