Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Who's going down?

There are a number of clubs that I think will struggle. Watford and Bournemouth for me will return to Championship at first time of asking.

Leicester, Palace, Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland i feel are in danger as are we but I feel we will have enough and the right manager in charge.

I feel a relatively "safe club" like Stoke, West Ham, WBA or Everton could be caught up in a dog fight.

It''s about time we had a shock and one of the big boys went crashing out of the Premier League as in Man City a few years ago.

Apparently its a fact that every prem season containing both us and palarse has seen either both (twice) or one us (one each) relegated.

Just make sure its not us this time.

From all the above views, it seems that we are destined to fight it out in a mini-league of eight clubs, with possibly a couple of interlopers such as WBA or Stoke.

Nothing changes then.

I fancy our chances of finishing in the top echelons of this set of the lower elite as we have momentum, Alex Neil and an, already, decent collection of players who exhibit a hint of togetherness.

We also have additions in the pipeline.

The success or otherwise of all these clubs in the transfer market in the next few weeks could be crucial, as so little separates them on paper.

The self-same applies to losing star players as well and I firmly believe that the loss of Nathan Redmond would seriously damage our chances of survival, for example. The big boys constantly lurk like vultures in the skies above their lesser brethren, whether they be dead, half-dead or just managing to survive to fight another day.

We might not have the most funds at our disposal, just yet, but we have enough and I am inclined to trust AN to invest wisely.

Bad investments can be excessively damaging so we need no more Rikki style risks.

In this respect, I note that Newcastle, who intend spending big, have reportedly put in, what I consider to be an extravagant bid for Tyrone Mings. A bit of a loose cannon, unproven and not worth that, just yet or ever, I consider that this could be a somewhat reckless use of big money which could well backfire in the way I have indicated.

We''ll see, but I would prefer to have this Spurs youngster, who is currently being linked, in the yellow than Mings. In fact, I would prefer a genuine Ming vase as being a safer investment.