Sign in to follow this  
Dan Venn

Tomorrow's derby! All you need to know!

Great article that I''ve found about the East Anglian Derby tomorrow, definitely recommend the read, has all you need to know... http://wp.me/p5LAnI-1h

Tomorrow’s encounter will be our 84th,

all of which, remarkably, have been in the league having never locked

horns in a cup competition since our first meeting in 1946.
1985 League Cup Semi Finals. 1973 Texaco Cup Final might suggest otherwise. We also played at an amateur level in 1902 and professionally in 1939, not 1946.

How about when we played them in the FA Cup in the early 80''s at Carrow Road and we won 1-0 with a Keith Berschin goal.

Imagine. It’s 3 o’clock on a Saturday afternoon and as the Cathedral

casts its shadow over Carrow Road, the 27,000 strong Yellow Army take

to their seats, expectant, waiting, hopeful…
That would take a lot of imagination. The cathedral is to the north of Carrow Road. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. At no point could it cast a shadow over the ground. Nor could it at that distance either. Likewise as there is an away allocation of tickets it is unlikely there would be a 27,000 yellow army (I note you are going to university !).

A few things:

1) If you''re going to self-promote, that''s cool, but at least be honest about it.

2) You need to proof read! I''ve just spent a few minutes reading through several pages on your blog, and there are numerous typos.

3) Get your facts right. You''re trying to present and promote yourself as an authority (and best of luck to you) but with dodgy facts you just make yourself look a bit silly.

I''m not trying to be a jerk - just some constructive criticism.

[quote user="TomMoore"]Imagine. It’s 3 o’clock on a Saturday afternoon and as the Cathedral

casts its shadow over Carrow Road, the 27,000 strong Yellow Army take

to their seats, expectant, waiting, hopeful…
That would take a lot of imagination. The cathedral is to the north of Carrow Road. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. At no point could it cast a shadow over the ground. Nor could it at that distance either. Likewise as there is an away allocation of tickets it is unlikely there would be a 27,000 yellow army (I note you are going to university !).

[/quote]Deary, deary me!!

Cheers pal. All constructive criticism is hugely appreciated. The email address is on the about page, if you could email me about any improvements you''d like to suggest that would be great. Thanks.