Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Promised Land Or Not, We Have To Get Back... - Blog Post

I agree with everything you wrote. I love the excitement of being competitive in the Championship and I do want to get promoted because it would be an achievement. I would also be excited as the new season approaches to see how we would fare. I also don''t mind being in the EPL if we give it a go and produce performances to be proud of. To an extent, I don''t even mind getting relegated as long as we go down battling for every point.

However, I know what you mean about how it can become a turgid affair if we just set up our stall to not lose every week rather than to give every game a real go.

To be honest, I''m not even that bothered about watching some of the ''best players'' in the world gracing the Carrow Road pitch, although it is satisfying when we get one over one of the big teams or when one of our boys gives one of the ''stars'' the runaround. I guess, like everybody else, I want to see NCFC competing in the EPL, not just surviving. The latter is no fun/entertainment at all. I am not conditioned to expect NCFC to be one of the top teams; but I am proud of the Club when they all pull together and earn their time there.

That said, I would still enjoy watching them play in whatever the equivalent of the Beazer Homes League is these days, as long as they are doing their utmost to be competitive.The quality of the opposition doesn''t bother me; it''s the entertainment I am after.

Thorougly enjoyable piece. Also agree with Chip20''s comments that the Prem can be enjoyable if you have a go every week.

The risk averse football that we were exposed to under Hughton smacks of wanting to hold on to Premier League status at all costs. Is there irony in the fact that freed from the shackles of the Premier League, the current board have made much more adventurous managerial appointments?

A good read but I thought you were not playing anymore and had taken your ball home ? [:P]

There''s always the option to drop down to League One as well which Millwall have done a couple of times. That adds a bit of fun as well as you''re suddenly like the Chelsea of the league with the ability to just take whoever you want from the other clubs be it players (Antony McNamee) or managers (Paul Lambert) and stuff everyone you cross paths with at home.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"]There''s always the option to drop down to League One as well which Millwall have done a couple of times. That adds a bit of fun as well as you''re suddenly like the Chelsea of the league with the ability to just take whoever you want from the other clubs be it players (Antony McNamee) or managers (Paul Lambert) and stuff everyone you cross paths with at home.
[/quote]

McNamee now I have not seen that name on here since he was a certain posters love child.....you can''t be can you ? Just mention Elliot Ward and I will be convinced. [;)]