Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Leroy Fer - lost interest again already??

Surprise no one has mentioned this but it made me chuckle.

The write up from the QPR game at the weekend was brilliant by Alan Nixon from the Sun on Sunday.

It referred to Clint Hill having a pop at the fans after the game and went on to say about Fer "And team-mate Leroy Fer finally looked like he was going to get involved in the afternoon when he showed unusual commitment to climb the advertising hoarding to join the debate".

Great to see he''s seemingly now putting the same amount of effort in to their relegation battle as he did with us, suspect he''ll be injured next for a while.

Not quite worked out at the moment as he''d hoped I guess....

Got to smile

Pretty harsh. He was one of our better players last season and then never kicked up a fuss this summer, even contributing to seeing out the game against Watford.

Admittedly I wish he''d found a classier club than QPR but we more than doubled our money on him despite him having fitness issues with us and he made us proud when he banged in that goal against Chile.

If you look at his recent form, he''s actually been involved in a lot of what has been good for QPR, winning penalties, scoring the odd goal etc. He''s having a similar season to the one he had for us but without the injuries.

If we swapped places with them in summer, on the face of it i''d have him back but for half the price.

Wasn''t saying he didn''t contribute, when he first came he was immense (as he was for QPR) but when it looked like we would be in trouble he was nowhere to find.

It was frustrating to see the performances he was putting in for QPR so far as he''s looked like the player he clearly is, just ironic that the reporter was suggesting he hadn''t done much until after the game.

Would I have him back, as a good Leroy Fer absolutely, but not the one we saw at the end of last season when we needed him most.

He is clearly destined for a bigger club and that will likely happen if QPR get relegated, which I would love to see happen.

As for Watford, a player of his quality should contribute against Championship opposition, I was more surprised at the time that he played.

I think he would look good in a good side. Not a struggling team at bottom of the table. Could imagine him looking good for a Swansea or Southampton sort of team.