Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Scunthorpe

Wow, how about this as far as bad luck goes, lost 2 goal keepers within 30 minutes of each other, both with broken arms ! played the game out with a defender in goal. Probably have to make emergency loan now or use up what transfer budget they have in a new keeper.

Made me think who would be our cover to complete a game if faced with the same nightmare scenario ? Wes, not big enough Lafferty, mad enough or who ? view....

Hopefully we won''t be in that situation given the amount of keepers we have, but if we were to be, I would say Turner. Tall and quite built. Lafferty is tall, but isn''t particularly built.

Hopefully we would not find ourselves in that situation, extreme but could happen to any club, with only ever 1 sub GK on the bench.

Turner sounds like a good bet if we did, strong, determined !

Would have thought this would be the perfect opportunity for Mark Bunn to get back into first team football. Surprised his name hasn''t come up already.

How spooky is this? My son was asking me, on the way back from tge game on Saturday, what would happen if we lost all our goalkeepers to injury and it was outside of the transfer window, including the emergency loan window?

He also said that Lafferty would score!

I asked him what the lottery numbers would be but he said that would be cheating! Lol! :)