Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Shackell & Safri Pure class

Well the one thing I noticed from last night was just how good these 2 looked compared to others, Probably Fleming Doc or Charlie dont come close in terms of defenders and Hughes, Jarrett and Charlie dont come close in terms of Midfield.

Not sure if this is good or bad, with these two playing for 90 mins I think we will win most games but when they are not do we have adequate cover.

Unless Colin is good as centre half maybe we should look to buy someone before the end of the transfer window.

The other question is why can Doherty put in decent performances enough to keep getting picked for the republic, but not for us ? is it because of his partner ? We should definately try a Shacks / Doc partnership before dismissing it.

Hang on a sec. Don''t get carried away!

Shackell will be a good player in this league. However his first 20 minutes weren''t good. He was late in the challenge and was second to the ball - although he did improve later. It was his man who had a free run at goal while he was on the touchline chatting to the assistant referee

He is clearly a confidence player. After he got one good challenge in he did very little wrong for the rest of the game. Perhaps he should make a few tackles in the warm up. Perhaps the club couldline up some willing volunteers for him to scythe down on the pitch to get his confidence going?

The effect that Shacks had made to the team did not need to say, solid and confidence defending, but Safri''s appearence just liked we got a new Damien Francis! Who can also pass the ball better!!!

Must keep both in the first team!!

The postings reveal not only the class of the two players, but also the difference in ability compared with their immediate colleagues. The two must play, but what if one or both is missing through injury, or whatever? We would struggle even against lower teams.

I really cannot undertsand the evident satisfaction of the manager and club with the quality and quantity of the squad. In some positions it may have improved, but in some positions there is a lack of quality, and even more of quantity. Last year we had a small squad. This year it is even smaller.

Sorry JS, can''t agree with you, Shacks'' first 20 minutes were as good as most of his excellent performance. His concentration was stretched towards the end, due to his lack of match fitness, I suspect. 

He looked superior quality compared to Fleming or the Doc, although I think that The Doc would play much better with Shacks alongside him rather than Fleming. 

Safri was a class above every midfielder on the pitch when he came on; again, his lack of match fitness let him down. Let''s hope that he stays fit! 

[quote]Hang on a sec. Don''t get carried away! Shackell will be a good player in this league. However his first 20 minutes weren''t good. He was late in the challenge and was second to the ball - although he ...[/quote]

shackell was on the touchline with his nose bleeding and his lip was also cut in a challnge at the same time.How do we expect to defend and get treatment at the same time.