Sign in to follow this  
FatMan Fat

Plenty of energy and workrate, very little skill

It must be clear to all now that the Worthington ethics of energy and work rate are no substitute for skill and quality

This was probably best epitomised by Hughes. He was all over the park today but at crucial times his passing was sub standard. Leon is another totally committed player but his first and final touch continues to be poor. First touch and control are essential to a striker but in our hearts of hearts we know that Leon doesn''t have them

I fail to see how we as a team can continually pass into a space where it is easier for the opposition to get the ball, or worse, pass direct to the other side as happened several times against C Palace. Equally, the link up play between the midfield and forwards, and between forwards and forwards, was also sub standard.

3 points from 3 home games is crap

yes fatman i agree,we lacked creativity in midfield and ran out of ideas,can anyone tell me why safri was taken off ? i thought he had a good game.we lack anyone to take the ball through the middle and at times again resorted to the long ball trick.the lads looked nervous and edgy at times. we must start keeping clean sheets as well.i cant see why after just one season out of the championship we have forgotten how tough it is!!

totally agree with your main point Fat Man although to be fair to Worthy he did say that ''the final detail must improve''. I thought the first half was very good today, spoilt only by the Palace equaliser which was Huckerby''s fault (twice). Second half we became more ragged and Leon suffered with his final ball and shot but he is being crucified for this, I will write in more detail on that particular thread.

It''s still FAR TOO EARLY TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS THOUGH. Are Luton fans all jumping up and down and saying that they are going to cruise into the Premier League? Of course not! The early season results and form are often misleading and we should only form any sort of judgement by end October. There is something else I believe equally important for Norwich that no-one else has picked up and I will write on that in a separate post.

Back to the main point though and I wrote down this comment by Worthy on Radio Norfolk post match.............''You can never fault endeavour and I''ll take that every time''. No surprises there then but once again, Worthy misses the fundamental point! IN ANY JOB, GIVING 100% EFFORT IS NOT A + OR A POSITIVE FEATURE ABOUT SOMEONES PERFORMANCE, IT SHOULD BE THE MINIMUM EXPECTED!!!! wHAT ANYONE SHOULD BE JUDGED ON IS THE QUALITY, CREATIVITY, IMPACT AND RESULT OF THEIR EFFORTS SURELY?

Maybe it is just me but I thought both Crewe and Palace looked better organised teams than ourselves.  When they moved forward there was always plenty of options to pass to and their players seemed to know what they were doing.  At times today we looked clueless as to what to do with the ball, nobody seemed to be making runs and when they did they were caught offside.  Safri stood out head and shoulders above the rest of the midfield and Shackell once again looked confident at the back. 

I don''t know what the coaching staff concentrate on at Colney, but I suggest passing the ball to your own player, bringing the ball under control, and not over hitting crosses into the box are three aspects they might like to look at.

Did you see Dowie on the sidelines encouraging his players, whilst dear old Worthy stood by the dugout with his arms folded.  This must surely send a message to the players that they are doing well.

I think our players do have skills, but they are being stifled by our manager and his coaching staff.  We hear so much from Worthy about keeping our shape that we almost become static in what we do.  I think it is time we looked at the coaching staff to come up with some alternatives to the way we play.  Three managers have now left Carrow Road having done their homework and gone away with a good away point.

[quote]Maybe it is just me but I thought both Crewe and Palace looked better organised teams than ourselves. When they moved forward there was always plenty of options to pass to and their players seemed to...[/quote]

Silverfox I actually thought Coventry, Crewe and Palace looked better organised that the us.  Norwich seem to be all over the place and there doesnt seem any organisation in the team

As far as training at Colney is concerned, I feel they need to practice passing the ball, bringing the ball under control and keeping the ball are all addressed.  If we can see it, why cant the coaching staff?

Yes I saw Dowie throwing his weight about. But that is the passion he has.  Worthy hasnt got that (i will probably be slated for that comment!). 

Well its Southampton away next week.  Should be interesting.....