Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Away pub(s) tonight

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I missed it if it has, but any plans on what pub(s) are any good in Brentford tonight? I dont know if there are still 4 pubs in each corner of the ground or if they allow away fans...any TW8 pub tips are greatly received.

There are still 4 pubs around the ground and they all welcome away fans. The two on the ''away end corners'' are The New Inn and The Griffin (my favourite of the four)

There are four pubs around the ground. The Griffin is closest to the away end and is very popular with away fans - but also very busy.

The New Inn is on the other side is also popular with away fans. The Princess Royal and The Royal Oak (normally home fans only) are the other two options.

Other pubs slightly further afield for the more creative amongst you include (and this is by no means a definitive list) the … The Globe (Windmill Rd) & The Lord Nelson (Enfield Rd) - both incredibly friendly and cozy away-frienly pubs .. frequented by ''away fans in the know'' - you can park easily outside both. They''re both on the walking route down from the tube too from Northfields Stn.

The Plough (Northfields Ave) in Northfields is a decent stop-off if you are coming by tube to Northfields before making your way down to the ground (normally stopping off at The Globe and Lord Nelson en route) .. Its 30 secs walk left out tube.

And as for ale heads the Magpie and Stump real ale pub on Brentford High Street …

A quick google search and you’ll find them all. There are many many more too if you have an early start (or all evening) …

If I were coming down what would I do??

If arriving at Northfields at around 5pm by tube, head to plough for one. Then down to globe and/or nelson. Before heading off to griffin for a swift last pint before heading into the turnstiles (30 secs walk from the griffin).

We drink in the globe. And sometimes nelson.

Enjoy