Sign in to follow this  
Green and Yellow fellow

Keep calm and support Norwich

[quote user="Adnams Out"]Norwich City supporters are suffering from something akin to battered wife syndrome. Watching most games has been like getting punched and kicked, but every time they come back for more after Delia says sorry and promises to change.[/quote]oh dear waveneylet slip the old bin boy identity there I''m afraidperhaps this is you

[quote user="Satoshi Nakamoto"]As a club we seem to have slipped into a "culture of acceptable failure" (or at least the board have).

[/quote]An interesting observation, SN . I have for some time been using a phrase that encapsulates what you say. It''s a phrase that seems to annoy certain people on this forum, but I''m nonetheless going to keep using it until things change for the better......"Easily Satisfied" is what I''m talking about, and many of the posts on this thread surround this concept . You are absolutely right. There has crept into this club since Lambert''s exit a culture of being easily satisfied. You see it in the board who fiddled while Rome burned over the Hughton situation. You saw it from Hughton who constantly made excuses for dreadful displays last season. You see it from the players when they provide the kind of dross we saw at Molineux. You see it from various sections of the media who roll over and have their tummy ticked by the top dogs at Carrow Rd. And yes, you see it from some of the fans when they come on here and defend the indefensible.

So reading through this topic we have the group that want success even if it means launching it forward and a group whose first priority is the standard of football.

I think the Worthy era was a mixture of both and yet the attendances were less (the Jarrold stand was erected of course).

Under Grant and Roeder, surely the worst period footballing wise after Worthy, the crowds increased by 20-25%.

So a great many supporters are indeed "easily satisfied" and they pay their money and are entitled to be satisfied with what they want.

But obviously there are people on here who know better than the rest. Again, that is their opinion but is no more valid than the other.

And what do you expect from clubs and managers when confronted? The only manager to stand up and tell it like it is was England''s most successful league manager last season and he got the sack.

Don''t expect anyone to admit they were wrong or failing.

Hughton should have been sacked at the end of the previous season but two wins at the end and everyone went into the summer thinking we''d cracked it.

He got sacked because the board panicked due to the crowd reaction after the WBA game.

Having appointed Adams for the remainder, they were more or less duty bound to let him prove himself. Remember all the lines from Hughton that once he brought his own players in it would be different.

Adams is now bringing in his own but before a ball was kicked was rounded on because it appeared he was leaving some players out to dry.

For instance, there are as many posters on here who think Pilkington should be playing as there are those who think quite the opposite.

And if anyone thinks the board is at fault, be careful what you wish for. New owners haven''t done too well recently with their meddlings in playing affairs.

In 12 seasons we have had 3 promotions, 3 relegations and a play off final. That is pretty good nail biting isn''t it?