Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Are we going to be ready ?

[quote user="Jenkins"]Purple, if you are correct about Celta Vigo playing Wolves the next day, then I find that amazing.[/quote]This is what happens. Continental clubs with some time to go before their season starts do tours in England in which they have matches on successive days to hekp get their whole squad fit and involved. So Celta Vigo have us on August 1 and Wolves on August 2, and then Burnley on August 5 and Everton on August 6. Only on August 16, just a week before thir season gets underway, do thy have a solo game, against Cagliari.This is why it was such a lousy choice of final friendly for us. Playing one half (and it may not be the better half) of a Celta Vigo squad still working towards match fitness is no test for Wolves away a bit over a week later.

I wasn''t aware of that, thanks.

I agree that there should have been a couple of FL teams in there, teams at the same stage in their pre season prep and fitness as ourselves.

[quote user="morty"]He''s selling drugs?[/quote]I think Adams could sue for that slur[:D]