Sign in to follow this  
#

Who do YOU want as our next manager?

[quote user="killiecanary"]So many different opinions, glad it''s not my decision to make. It is absolutely crucial to get this one right. And whoever gets it has to start like a train to bring a divided support back together.

Steve. Clarke I think for me, but I wouldn''t be averse to giving Neil Adams a chance, as long as we accept how difficult it is to come straight back up and give him a realistic amount of time to rebuild a squad that is his. Least favourite for me would be Mackay (much as I love him but his cardiff teams were dire) or anoy of the ''old guard (Warnock, Mcarthy etc)

But for anyone to plaster back over the cracks left in the relationship between fans and club over the past 18 months is going to be one hell of a task.[/quote]Steve Clarke''s interesting. Don''t get me wrong I really liked the guy, but, he really benefitted from 3 things 1) Roy Hodgson''s squad 2) Dan Ashworth''s expertise 3) Romelu Lukaku.Things started to go wrong for him duing The Odemwingie saga. Luckily we had Lukaku whose goals helped us finish strong.Then Ashworth departed for the FA and was replaced by th inexperienced Richard Galick as DOF. This meant he had a greater hand in signing players such as Anelka and Anichebe when the second Lukaku loan deal failed. The loss of Odemwingi and Lukaku equalled roghly 31 goals. The Budget he he was given was the second highest in club history We were dire, basically he''s plan B was throw on the strikers. Having said this h was sacked two weeks early, but, his sacking WAS coming. We could see it a mile off. Would he work at Norwich? Well he''s only ever been Head Coach at us and caretaker at West Ham. Both we in the prem. He''s never been a "traditional" manager as our stucture doesn''t work like that. There was talk of him going back to Chelsea as a coach when his gardening leave finishes 

[quote user="Private Frazer"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Glenn Hoddle gets mentioned in the coming weeks. Just a feeling I have.[/quote]

Christ!........pass my shot gun. [:''(]

In another twist, Starsport understands Sherwood has sparked a guessing game by telling pals he is already fixed up with a new job for next season, at an unnamed club

Could it be??

On the basis that, before there is any talk of how a new manager would fare in the transfer market, on the basis that presumably  up to 90% of the current squad will still be here next season, isn''t it pretty important that he should, unlike the last incumbent ,at the very least know how to get the best out of them, and play a style that suits their strengths ?As many others have said in several threads we already have the nucleus of a squad who, if deployed sensibly, by the right coach, could make a real impact at Championship level. But, on the other hand, if we get the wrong guy and use the wrong tactics, we could quite easily see yet another season of underachievement.