Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

The relegation candidates - latest blog

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]

I would bet my house on Hull bettering Palace, simply because they have gone away to Chelsea and Man City and not looked outclassed or been humilated. That is something we cant say we have achieved in either of our first two seasons,
[/quote]

Now forgive me Louis but in our first season in the Premiership did we not give a very good account of ourselves at Chelsea when the game only turned in Chelsea''s favour after Ruddy was unlucky to be sent off with the score at 1-1 and as far last season at Man City I thought we won 3-2 ? [:^)][*-)]

That''s different. Man City were on the beach against us. And the game did change in Chelsea''s favour. The result in the book says we got stuffed.

Enjoying this thread so far...intelligent comment from differing viewpoints. And the unpredictability of what''s is going to unfold over the next 9 months at the bottom makes this a great topic for Daniel''s blog for me. We all know who will fill the top 5 spots pretty much, but the bottom is much less predictable.

I still see WBA signings as interesting especially offensively. Sessegnon is a quality player, and I think he will be just delighted to have escaped the lunacy that is Sunderland under Di Canio! Anichebe is an experienced striker, Vydra is full of potential and Scott Sinclair will supply the forward line.

So in my opinion not a bad raft of signings. But I am also quite happy with our signings, so maybe I''m just a generally contented soul!!

If it was just down to who I wanted to see go down it would be Sunderland, Newcastle and Stoke. Lets see!

I dont get the support for Anichebe. He has scored 18 goals in the last 7 years from 131 appearences. Yes, I suspect that quite a few of these were sub appearences, but the fact that he couldnt force his way in to a goal shy attack suggests that Everton haven done a really cute piece of business to effectively replace him with the beast that is Lukaku.

Yeah I can''t disagree with any of that Louis. I just have a feeling that with a fresh start he could prove an influential signing. Sessegnon and Vydra are both players I would happily have seen us sign, and then you have Anichebe as a further option.

But I can''t disagree with the stats you quote - he is definitely a hopeful punt for WBA.

Maybe a large part of my gut instinct comes from the ammunition that a firing Scott Sinclair could provide for them?

Hope we stuff them home and away though!!