Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Hughton & ROI Job - Deja Vu - Lambert & Villa job

I would not read that much into it. It reads typical Hoots-speak to me. He bigs it up and being nice, like when he says that Hull is a great team. It does not necessarily mean that he wants to manage them, does it?

"The biggest thing for me is a little word called integrity. I am grateful for everything Lambert has done for this club but we all knew that he was going to do to us what he did at every job he''d had before... Quit! He quit Livingstone, Wycombe, Colchester, and then us. It was never a case of "if" with Lambert, it was a case of "when".Chris Hughton however was sacked as assistant manager at Spurs when they got rid of Jol, dumped on from a great height at Newcastle, and then felt he had to leave at Birmingham due to the dire situation they were in as a club despite having had a brilliant season really.

These are two very different characters both of which I admire very much, but whilst one will happily move at every opportunity to better himself, I feel the other acts with a touch more integrity and really wants the opportunity to settle and succeed. If Hughton is continued to be backed (by the fans as well as the board) then I can see him here for a very long time and if successful, he''ll get another shot at the Ireland job."

This I love, amazing the way people delude themselves, Lambert quits clubs as soon as something better comes along because of selfish self interest, but Hughton quits clubs when something better comes along i.e Birmingham to us , but its different, he has no choice and does it with integrity.

Newsflash any manager/player etc will jump ship when a bigger club comes calling, its football!! If Ireland genuinely want Hughton he will probably leave as its a bigger job than managing NCFC.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"]This place do make me larf[:D]
[/quote]

Well they do say that some people are easily pleased, don''t they!?[;)]

[/quote]

By "laugh" I actually meant "cringe"

[;)]
[/quote]

I didn''t think you were so soft![;)]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]“There has been no official approach. We are a club I would like to think are going in the right direction over the next few years and I am very much looking forward to helping continue that development,” said Hughton. “I can understand why I have been mentioned. I know my name has been mentioned, along with others, and given the fact that I played for Ireland its understandable. It is absolutely just speculation. The things I can say is I am manager of Norwich City football club and I am extremely happy here. We have invested more this summer than the club has ever done. I have had wonderful support from the board and we have a passionate, fanatical support base who want this team to do well. I have the same challenges as the fans and the players so I can only reiterate that I am incredibly happy " Doesn''t sound like a man looking to jump ship Norfolk, your statement that Hughton would love to manage his country and that this may be is only chance to do so sounds like mischief making to me![/quote]

In my opinion, I do believe that Hughton would love to manage his country.  I don''t believe that is mischief making.  He is nearly 55 and this may very well be the only chance he gets to manage his country.  That is not mischief making either.