Sign in to follow this  
super dave

4 mil bid for hooper rejected

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]The ones wishing this deal through quickly will be the first to jump on his back if he fails.[/quote]

Not me i rate him highly, dont see him failing, every transfer is a gamble though and nothing is a certainty.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]No idea whether Hooper is worth it, but with the price inflation in the transfer market the going rate for a striker of his pedigree in his mid-20s with a year left on his contract is probably close to the £7m we had rejected in January. I doubt a total  £5m would get him.[/quote]I tend to disagree, this is the last chance Celtic have to sell him unless he signs an extension.  Celtic will obviously want the best price but they have to take into consideration that Hooper could seal a Bosman for next July in January.Personally I think the likelihood is we are the only club in for him (if we are at all) and all this talk of other clubs is purely agent chatter to get others interested.  It''ll mean that this drags on for the majority of the window though.  If Villa wanted him as some have suggested then a move would already have been made, he wouldn''t suddenly be a target, they''d have a list already.  And if anything he is probably very similar to Weimann, not a replacement for Benteke.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]No idea whether Hooper is worth it, but with the price inflation in the transfer market the going rate for a striker of his pedigree in his mid-20s with a year left on his contract is probably close to the £7m we had rejected in January. I doubt a total  £5m would get him.[/quote]I tend to disagree, this is the last chance Celtic have to sell him unless he signs an extension.  Celtic will obviously want the best price but they have to take into consideration that Hooper could seal a Bosman for next July in January.Personally I think the likelihood is we are the only club in for him (if we are at all) and all this talk of other clubs is purely agent chatter to get others interested.  It''ll mean that this drags on for the majority of the window though.  If Villa wanted him as some have suggested then a move would already have been made, he wouldn''t suddenly be a target, they''d have a list already.  And if anything he is probably very similar to Weimann, not a replacement for Benteke.[/quote]

It is this rational well reasoned post that is starting to get this forum a bad name.

Latest odds (15/8) ,seem to make us decent favourites to sign him

Have any Norwich fans actually put a bet on him joining us? If so, what odds did you get?