Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Turn the clock back 4 summers and look how far we have come

Some good signings to date with RVW Redmond and Olsson albeit a bit of impatience and possible frustration about some of the other names being mooted who have not signed on the dotted line. This made me reflect upon that summer ahead and during our league 1 campaign still only 4 season ago behind this current one. Remember the signings Holt was the gem but others on and around that time Theo the aussie goalie, Rose and Oli Johnson from the mighty Stockport, Nelson from Hartlepool [ he did us a good job in league 1 I know], Mac Namee, Cody mac Donald from  non league This really does show how far we have come in a very short period and puts some of our short term frustration about midfielders and strikers who we want etc etc into perspective

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Some good signings to date with RVW Redmond and Olsson albeit a bit of impatience and possible frustration about some of the other names being mooted who have not signed on the dotted line. This made me reflect upon that summer ahead and during our league 1 campaign still only 4 season ago behind this current one. Remember the signings Holt was the gem but others on and around that time Theo the aussie goalie, Rose and Oli Johnson from the mighty Stockport, Nelson from Hartlepool [ he did us a good job in league 1 I know], Mac Namee, Cody mac Donald from  non league This really does show how far we have come in a very short period and puts some of our short term frustration about midfielders and strikers who we want etc etc into perspective[/quote]

Not to be a pedantic ass but Rose came on loan half way through the season, and Cody was there from our championship relegation the season before. Jus'' saying'' :P

I remember we signed Simon Whaley only to see him released soon after. How short was his stay?

Our signings that pre-season were:

Alnwick

Askou

Gill

Holt

Hughes

Maric

McVeigh

Nelson

Theoklitos

Tudor-Jones

Whaley

Wiggins

A motley crew if I ever saw one.

[quote user="mrdi"]Our signings that pre-season were:

Alnwick

Askou

Gill

Holt

Hughes

Maric

McVeigh

Nelson

Theoklitos

Tudor-Jones

Whaley

Wiggins

A motley crew if I ever saw one.[/quote]and not one of them at the club now!

The squad Gunn put together  was put together out of necessity due to the stupid amount of loanies we had from the previous regime. Limited resources, an inexperienced manger, totally new squad - and we all know the rest.     But it was part of the process from the downward spiral to the upswing.   The club had nowhere to go after the 1-7 and the revolution that followed through Mcnally, Lambert and Holt has been spectacular.

Its great to see how the club has changed and hopefully we will never be in such dire straits again as after the 1-7, but  whilst celebrating our success at the moment, we cannot think we have "cracked it", after all -  we are only ever a few poor performances away from the threat of relegation and a downward spiral. We have to keep evolving.