Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

The view from now

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

But most or all of the extra 7,000 (using the lower figure) seats would be in the City Stand, so let us say the current average there is £500. That may well be an under-estimate.

[/quote]

I think that you have under estimated here Purple so here are the costs of an adult seat at the first cut off date on February 23 this year for 2013/14.

Wing seats £529.50p   Centre seats £579.50p   Lounges £856.50p.

The prices rise after 6th April to

Wing seats £586.50p  Centre seats £636.50p   Lounges £951.50p.

There are no concessions for OAPs or kids in centre seats or lounges.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

But most or all of the extra 7,000 (using the lower figure) seats would be in the City Stand, so let us say the current average there is £500. That may well be an under-estimate.[/quote]

I think that you have under estimated here Purple so here are the costs of an adult seat at the first cut off date on February 23 this year for 2013/14.

Wing seats £529.50p   Centre seats £579.50p   Lounges £856.50p.

The prices rise after 6th April to

Wing seats £586.50p  Centre seats £636.50p   Lounges £951.50p.

There are no concessions for OAPs or kids in centre seats or lounges.

[/quote]

Thanks, Til. As I said, I suspected that £500 figure was an underestimate, but I obviously underestimated by how much I had underestimated...

As someone who grew up with the city sides of the 80''s & 90''s I got used to a steady flow of youth team players coming through the ranks. Most were sold for huge sums such as Gordon, Fox, Sutton, Eadie, O''Neill, Johnson, Green & Bellamy. There were others such as Marshall, Kenton & Llewellyn who provided good service before moving on. As we have debated many times on here, the last 5-10 years have been a lean period. Even so Chrissy Martin & Korey Smith played key roles in getting us from L1 to the prem & have generated a few loan fees for us even if we don''t get a final transfer fee for them.

What we need from each batch of youth players is 2 or 3 who make it to the 1st team squad & maybe 1 every couple of years who really makes it. Hopefully the current U18 squad will produce a few for the first team in the next year or so.

On Doncaster vs McNally, cast your mind back to this article..............http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/shareholders_group_demand_answers_1_510617

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]On Doncaster vs McNally, cast your mind back to this article..............http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/shareholders_group_demand_answers_1_510617[/quote]

No need to cast my mind back. I have that open letter on file. But the real target of that attack from Bowkett and Bertram was not Munby and Doncaster; it was Smith and Jones.

[quote user="Evesham Canary"]As someone who grew up with the city sides of the 80''s & 90''s I got used to a steady flow of youth team players coming through the ranks. Most were sold for huge sums such as Gordon, Fox, Sutton, Eadie, O''Neill, Johnson, Green & Bellamy. There were others such as Marshall, Kenton & Llewellyn who provided good service before moving on. As we have debated many times on here, the last 5-10 years have been a lean period. Even so Chrissy Martin & Korey Smith played key roles in getting us from L1 to the prem & have generated a few loan fees for us even if we don''t get a final transfer fee for them. What we need from each batch of youth players is 2 or 3 who make it to the 1st team squad & maybe 1 every couple of years who really makes it. Hopefully the current U18 squad will produce a few for the first team in the next year or so.[/quote]

Bear in mind though that those players were products of the youth system over a period of nearly 15 years, yes there have been lean times recently but in those days I don''t think we had the 90 minute rule as Eadie was from Bristol, Bellers from Cardiff, O''Neill from Eire and Johnson from up north somewhere? even Green is from Surrey I think which I would guess may be outside the 90 minute rule unless you drive like a loony. So you would hope as pointed out elsewhere that we will now be able to recruit genuine top class talent from outside the area as well as any local gem that we can discover.