Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Mick Dennis

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="priceyrice"]

I honestly think anyone Hughton signs from Spurs will be a success (ignoring Kane), he knows the majority of those players better than he does his current batch!
[/quote]eh !he left Spurs in Oct 2007 ...... the same month as Peter Grant left us !would anyone claim that Peter Grant knows the majority of City players better than he knows the players he is currently with ?

[/quote]
That''s very true 1st, however the guy was a coach there for a while and a fair few of their current players would have been coached by him. You could also raise the general argument that a coach does have a better grasp of the players ability than the manager does, that was certainly the case with Culverhouse and Lambert.
Anyway, back to your point, here are a list of players who were at Spurs in 2007. A fair few of hem are still there so I think my point still has some credence

some perhapsbut not the majorityof those few he may know how many are supposedly in the frame to join us ?not many at allhe would certainly know more from Birmingham

[quote user="City1st"]some perhapsbut not the majorityof those few he may know how many are supposedly in the frame to join us ?not many at allhe would certainly know more from Birmingham

[/quote]
I think from that list, Huddlestone and Assou-Ekotu, he would have coached them both for a few years.
Agreed about Birmingham, I expect we could still be making a move for Redmond. Are they still in financial difficulties?

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Rose knows he can command a regular starting place in, at least , a lower mid table Prem team, so I seriously doubt it would be us with Garrido No 1

Bentley? I''m not so sure about him anymore. Where do people see his best position, and would it be enough to play more, than not?

Huddlestone, I like a lot. Re the Bentley argument, I can see him playing a lot, as long as the injury/medical situation would be sorted , and of course it would be prior to any possible signing.

Bostock, no for me, for reasons already stated here. You never know though.............  

[/quote]

On the bench !!